• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Survival Kit Must Add.

Torch

GONE WEST
Fairbanks, Alaska
One of these is going in my survival kit ASAP. Modern marvel is what it is.

http://www.charmin.com/en_us/pages/prod_mega.shtml

thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif

I also love a zip lock bag full of baby wipes.....

It's even better when you keep em nice and warm by keeping the bag inside your shirt...

xx

lucky

We Amercians dont know how lucky we are!

Here in Mexico they use the waste basket to receive the used toilet paper, so when you enter a public bathroom, there is always a sort of pungent pleasantness waiting for you.

Here! Have a seat! Just be careful when you bend over to sit down that you dont get your head too close to the bucket.

Africa was worse, but not by as whole lot.

P.S: I intend to leave Monterrey, Mexico tomorrow AM for South Texas, looking for some help to repair the repairs that were just done to my PA12. Anyone got suggestions for a reasonable place to get some work done. Not fancy, just properly on a working airplane.

Thanks all...

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :crazyeyes: :morning:

Alex Clark said:
I also love a zip lock bag full of baby wipes.....

It's even better when you keep em nice and warm by keeping the bag inside your shirt...

xx

I use those too Alex. The big roll is for my passenger. They get the cheap stuff. I keep the baby wipes for myself. :lol:

Sterman 600:

I was just in Monterrey last week. I wish that I had known that you were in the area. Maybe we could have had dinner.

Tom from Iowa

I would never...

I would never have brought up this subject, but you should try Turkey's public bathroom. You nose will tell you when you are getting close to it. In this facility, they don't have toilets, just holes in the tile floor, and NO toilet paper. There is a earthern jug at the door with a woman standing there collecting a small fee, and yes, she watches you all the time. One thing though, is everybody uses the same jug of water to wash their hands in.

Mike

Re: I would never...

CptKelly said:
I would never have brought up this subject, but you should try Turkey's public bathroom. You nose will tell you when you are getting close to it. In this facility, they don't have toilets, just holes in the tile floor, and NO toilet paper. There is a earthern jug at the door with a woman standing there collecting a small fee, and yes, she watches you all the time. One thing though, is everybody uses the same jug of water to wash their hands in.

Mike

I spent 16 months in Turkey and Iran in the early 70's. I've been there and know what you mean. Do they still have WC over the door identifying the restroom?

water

In Nigeria you don't get the water. Just the hole in the floor.

We are lucky in the USA, and I believe we earned it.

I'm now in McAllen TX in that very funny looking PA-12 looking for maintenence help. Next stop San Benito at Kornegay's. Anyone know what's become of Ernie?? AlaskaAv? Is he OK?

Erik said:
Torch,

How do you insert an image into your posts?

Thanks, Erik

go to your profile then you have to link to a picture on a web site. I post my pics to my web site then I just link them with the above Img tags. I believe there are instructions somewhere here on this site. Maybe Steve can link the instructions for you here. You can post your pics here on this site and then link to them in the signature block of your Profile.

- One forty-five caliber automatic
- Two boxes of ammunition
- Four days' concentrated emergency rations
- One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
- One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
- One hundred dollars in rubles
- One hundred dollars in gold
- Nine packs of chewing gum
- One issue of prophylactics
- Three lipsticks
- Three pair of nylon stockings.

"Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff." --Major T.J. "King" Kong (Slim Pikens, RIP)

Back