• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Old Dog, New Trick. Inreach

stewartb

Remote access to METARs and TAFs using the Inreach. Very cool. Except typing the email on an older Explorer will test your patience!

http://www.morrwx.com/

Edit, in case the instructions aren’t making sense. Send an email from the Inreach that says metar followed by the four letter airport designator(s) you’re interested in. If I send metar palh panc, pabv I’ll get return messages with individual Metars for Lake Hood, Anchorage Intl, and Birchwood. Or ask for a single report. It works, and it’s free.

Last edited:
I have been doing this via text on the inreach for three years now. It's very quick and handy when you are remote or even just around the corner. Commands like m paaq or t paaq for metars and tafs of Palmer. Even routes can be done by simple commands. There are endless possibilities when it comes to this stuff. My next goal is mapping trends and establishing alert criterial at various stations. It goes beyond weather too. You can even monitor home security systems, open garage doors, and monitor freezer temps and meat cooler temps with the inreach. Fun stuff in my view.

Jerry

After yesterdays weather I added winds aloft @ 3,6,9 capability to my inreach. They sure were yesterdays dominant theme.

IMG_3736.jpg

Jerry

Attachments

• IMG_3736.jpg
    IMG_3736.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 166
Does anyone have the new SpotX? What I need is the example of what a text message looks like when you receive it on your cell phone sms program. If it's possible to cut and past it here that would be great. I'm looking to include Spot devices on my weather program but need to know what information is appended to the text output.

Thanks - Jerry

Back