• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

24v jumpstart

L16driver

So what are all of the other 24V aircraft pilots doing in the event of a drained or dead battery? i do have a 24V charger maintainer for any issues while at the hanger. my issue is,what do i do if find myself with a dead battery somewhere without a 110V plug while not carrying a generator and battery charger? ive seen at oshkosh a jump pack to plug into the the plane but...the company selling them are very proud of it and its out of my price range. Thanks in advance, thoughts would be great!

Yes, the Orange ones (assuming that is what you were looking at) are very spendy. They are pretty neat but what I would do is get two of these. https://earthxbatteries.com/shop/earthx-jump-pack. Use them in series. You would have much better battery technology, LiFePo4 as opposed to Nanophosphate Lithium-ion. That is a very significant difference. You would have a great start solution depending on how clever you are in customizing the wiring of the two packs together, for several thousand less.

Do a google search for 'Goliath Jump Start'. Just like the small jump start packs that we've all seen, except this one is built as a 24 volt unit. They're rated to start diesel truck engines.

Web

Resurfacing this post as I am looking for a 24V jump starter.

any experience with goliath?

Someone mentioned earthx as well:

Looking for something light and reliable and that can flown with.

Back