• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Marion harrasses a beaver with a boat.

ARGH!!!
Had something similar happen to me many years ago. But it was a jet ski that kept weaving back and forth in front of me while trying to take off when on floats.

If anyone got the registration number on that boat, I'd be talking to the Troopers....

MTV

So what’s the story on Halibut cove? Residents hate airplanes?

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Yep, good to see a number of reports were sent to the CG.

More from the rumor mill ;

- Owner of The Saltry Restaurant attempting to disable a float plane with their boat.

- …… she has been vocal in the past about not liking float planes or their noise. She has threatened to intervene. Looks like she kept her promise. Now hopefully she won’t keep her 100 ton license or her freedom.

- The Coast Guard has received multiple reports of a vessel interfering with the navigation of a floatplane near Homer, Alaska on Wednesday. Our top priorities include protecting the safety of life at sea and ensuring responsible navigation on Alaskan waters. We take all reports of unsafe navigation extremely seriously and the Coast Guard Investigative Service is currently investigating the incident. Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact the Coast Guard Sector Anchorage command center at (907) 428-4100 or submit a message at CGIS Tips: https://www.p3tips.com/tipform.aspx?ID=878#

I think I would have been a little more pro-active protecting my plane. Second pass close like that and I would be disabling the boat engine.

In anything smaller those waves could have sunk the plane

In one of the videos, it sounded like a prop strike from water. Is that something for them to be worried about?

That's not assault, it's intentional endangerment. Could end up being handed over to the feds for investigation and possible fed charges. I'm not a expert by any means but I think that's how it works.

"Halibut Cove and The Saltry practices Quiet Time until 1 PM on all boardwalks and hiking trails to respect our locals' privacy. Please join us in respecting this time and arrive no earlier than 1 PM" What time was the harassment?

Gary

Interesting comments from the rumor mill referring to the “HC Elite” not being punished and “like father like daughter”, so I’m guessing this type of activity has been going on for years?

But if someone needs medical help or some other help they suddenly like airplanes and helicopters.

She's quite the artist:

_W2K7367.jpg

There's no doubt some local history at play there. Typical Alaska types at war with themselves and others...and it's not even winter yet. Hopefully politics and heritage will take backseat to justice.

Gary

No medevacs, resupply, disaster relief or any other form of assistance before 1:00pm to respect the privacy of the residents.

Pretty common around here to have people complain about neighbor's noise. Folks want silence in the 'wilderness' to relax after they shut down the brush cutter, chain saw, wood splitter and outboards... so all of YOU need to be quiet so I am not disturbed.

I will give a nod, it is usually folks that arrived the last couple of years complaining. Once in a while an old timer gets angry, so folks will give them some slack. This particular situation deserves a couple weeks cooling down period for the boater... after all it is not like boats are exactly quiet either.

Back