• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

BJ Custom Aircraft Engines has a New Owner

sierra bravo

Richard Walker, formerly of Seaplanes North, is the new owner of BJ I'm told. Congratulations to Richard. I hope the venture is a success.

I get that all things change feeling about this. I've had three engines go through their shop and they have all served me well. Sandy (the Mom) graced our shop for so many years as a customer and she was one of my all time favorite people to see. What a jewel she is. Best of luck to the Lutz family in their retirement and new life and I hope the best for the new owners.

Jerry

Last edited:
They pissed off a freind of mine, he took his motor there a few weeks ago and they didn't tell him they were selling out. Hope the employees are the same.

I have known Richard and his family since he was less than knee high. His eldest brother was one of my best friends in High School. I have done business with Richard and his family, (Ernie's Aircraft, Seaplanes North), for years, and I can say that they are honest, hard working people that try to do right by the customer.

Like all business changes, I suspect that you will hear lots grumbling because he may do it differently, but give him a chance and I bet you will like the results. Richard loves to hot rod stuff, and has always spent his $ on things with engines.

Richard had told me this was in the works a few months ago, but asked it keep quiet. Now all I can say is HOORAY!

I know where my next engine will be built.

Richard and Jeff Walker have been maintaining and taking care of my Husky for a couple of years now. They have been great to deal with. Lots of Integrity and Great Character. When you live 3500 miles away that is important.

I second what 16 bravo said! And my boy will miss their dog too!

d8436322-f62b-0bd0.jpg

Last edited:
I have known Richard and his family since he was less than knee high. His eldest brother was one of my best friends in High School. I have done business with Richard and his family, (Ernie's Aircraft, Seaplanes North), for years, and I can say that they are honest, hard working people that try to do right by the customer.

Like all business changes, I suspect that you will hear lots grumbling because he may do it differently, but give him a chance and I bet you will like the results. Richard loves to hot rod stuff, and has always spent his $ on things with engines.

Richard had told me this was in the works a few months ago, but asked it keep quiet. Now all I can say is HOORAY!

I know where my next engine will be built.

Is Richard’s work on par with Steve Knopp’s in terms of balancing the engine, etc?
Am considering having Richard build up a 520 case into a PPonk engine with Lycon overhauled and “improved” Conti cylinders.
Johnny

Back