• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

OSH 2016 Exp Kits

Cubus Maximus

Javron, Backcountry and CubCrafters booths at OSH 16:

CubCrafters

4d9a484fcf4aa0caefb31455.jpg

Backcountry

c4d3a8bb87faf6a27fa3caa2.jpg

Javron

02ad087ac180c8a2b7a3ff1b.jpg

Seeing various new tailwheels on Exp Cubs:

0da4b5e758ec8a5806025351.jpg

05805db38554be327ff5a49a.jpg

and saw this set up on a number of airplanes:

7f791361b8e757c0f8e242ad.jpg

f84fa9d419a93a7a5db1b317.jpg

d3bbc1c59fd6d067de94a948.jpg

Last edited:
Not a scientific test by any means, but seeing the ordeal that Mr. Rusk's plane survived through makes me a believer in Javron's durability.

Boy, how cool is it that we have OPTIONS!!!

Look at the innovation on landing gear alone these days. Please keep it up folks.

I was pretty impressed with the javron. What are the major differences between the javron and backcountry?

Javron is a Supercub clone. Back Country's current offering is a highly modified morphed Supercub. Longer, taller, wider, w/ slats, among other changes.

Backcountry

c4d3a8bb87faf6a27fa3caa2.jpg

Javron

02ad087ac180c8a2b7a3ff1b.jpg

I was pretty impressed with the javron. What are the major differences between the javron and backcountry?
It appears as though the Backcountry fuselage is heavier than the Javron. There is a lot of extra tubing related to the different landing gear and the truss over the back seat area.

The Javron double shock is interesting. I'm wondering how critical the balancing of the pressures between the shocks will be over time. If there is a considerable difference which goes unnoticed, will the eccentric loads cause cracking at the welds of the support channels on either end?

The Javron is an awesome kit and 44lbs lighter exactly. I have weighed them both side by side. The BC is 5" taller in the front and back seat, 18" longer overall and 4 1/2" wider in the cabin. The extra weight in the BC is due to the increased size. It's beefy! As said both are great kits. The Backcountry wing IMO is one of the best out there no matter what airframe it goes on. As a guy that's 6'2, 225lbs I like the feel and extra room of the BC. The JVRN has a real traditional cub feel. For me glove tight. I also really like the big door on the BC and the 3 1/2" drop on the engine mount for vis. All of this said, I'd be will to bet the JVRN is an easier kit to build with a longer wait time due to demand.

A person son would not go wrong with either that's for certain.

Tony's Shock Monsters are a new standard. There is no longer such a thing as a bounce providing instant breaking.

AKT

Last edited:
Back