• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Switching Cleveland wheel from 1 1/2" to 1 1/4" axle size?

Dan Gervae

FRIEND
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
I picked up a brand new set of Cleveland wheels and brakes for my Experimental PA11 project for cheap from a friend, but they are for 1 1/2" axle.....I need 1 1/4"...can I change bearings or do I need to make a sleeve for the axle? Seems like I could just change the guts and make it work...

Just get the atlee sleves... simple, and probably about the same as all the bearings, also, less stress from sideloads

Trade

I have a brand new set of 11/4 and I need a set of 1 1/2 for my project. Are you interested in a trade? Give me a call 360-581-3033

Thanks,
Dan Borg

I am looking for 1 1/2 inch wheels and brakes if your looking to sell

I picked up a brand new set of Cleveland wheels and brakes for my Experimental PA11 project for cheap from a friend, but they are for 1 1/2" axle.....I need 1 1/4"...can I change bearings or do I need to make a sleeve for the axle? Seems like I could just change the guts and make it work...

Hi Dan, were those sleeves machined on one end to slide over the stock welded on spacer? Or did it come with a long tube and a short tube for the spacer? How was the fit?

Bushwheel has the bearings they use on the 10" wheel for the 35" Bushwheels to go on 1.25" or 1.5" axles. I have had them in my hand. You can use a piece of 1.5" OD tubing x .125" wall and make an adapter. Simple and inexpensive.

Do you guys worry about corrosion? Sleeves make some sense for installing 1 1-2" skis on 1 1/4" axles seasonally but as a permanent solution? Changing the bearings seems like a better approach.

Back