• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Trickair - new owner?

jrussl

BENEFACTOR
Madison, WI
While wandering around Oshkosh this year, I came across a guy that purchased the assets for the manufacture of Trickair skis from the estate of the guy that developed them. I am pretty sure he was from the French speaking region of Canada. I remember him telling me that he was hoping to be back in production yet this fall. While this timing may be wishful thinking, he clearly knew what was involved as he was a DER and already was manufacturing other certified aviation parts.

The darn thing is that I now cannot find his contact info. Did anyone else stop by his booth and get his contact info. I would be hugely appreciative if you would share it.

Jeff

While wandering around Oshkosh this year, I came across a guy that purchased the assets for the manufacture of Trickair skis from the estate of the guy that developed them. I am pretty sure he was from the French speaking region of Canada. I remember him telling me that he was hoping to be back in production yet this fall. While this timing may be wishful thinking, he clearly knew what was involved as he was a DER and already was manufacturing other certified aviation parts.

The darn thing is that I now cannot find his contact info. Did anyone else stop by his booth and get his contact info. I would be hugely appreciative if you would share it.

Jeff

Jeff,

His name is Genie Conseil. His company is Alevia Aero. Here's a link: http://aleviaaero.com/home/ Let us know what you find out.

MTV

I talked to him too. Post if you find anything out. The plastic thing on the bottom of my ski's is wearing out. Anybody with 2250's have that problem also? It is wearing on the side opposite the small skate wheel.

The uhmw bottom are for that purpose and Trickair still suplie these the reason sometime they wear there is if the bungee on the landing gear start to wear ( hydrasorb ) and the aircraft squat more on the ground or less than perfect landing ( i know been there done that��) and you dont have to do too many feet to grind 1/4 in uhmw

The uhmw bottom are for that purpose and Trickair still suplie these the reason sometime they wear there is if the bungee on the landing gear start to wear ( hydrasorb ) and the aircraft squat more on the ground or less than perfect landing ( i know been there done that��) and you dont have to do too many feet to grind 1/4 in uhmw

That is very interesting - I have Alpha Omega, not hydrasorbs. Anybody else with TrickAir Skis, AlphaOmega and wear on the inner back of the ski? Maybe Alpha Omega and TrickAir's don't mix well - never thought of that.

that could be the case since alpha are a more effitien suspention so it may travel more than a bungee sys i would try to give it a little more camber to keep the edge of the ground.

That is very interesting - I have Alpha Omega, not hydrasorbs. Anybody else with TrickAir Skis, AlphaOmega and wear on the inner back of the ski? Maybe Alpha Omega and TrickAir's don't mix well - never thought of that.

I believe you can adjust the toe-in on the AOSS.

Tim

Word is, from a very reliable source, is that the sale is still pending with paperwork issues.

With patients it should happen and support will be back in full swing.

I just spoke with Francios of Alevia Aero. Just as others have mentioned, the deal is not done as of yet and he didn't have a firm timeframe in which he thought it would be done.

With regard to replacement parts......I'd check with the old company. Says on their website that they are committed to supporting current customers.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Now on to the next option. Any suggestions for another wheel penetration ski for my pa18? Have Federal 2000's now and have been on them for the last two winters. Problem is that I am at a paved airport. Power taxiing on the dolly wheels can lead to interesting times. Would really like to upgrade to wheel skis and don't want the complication of hydraulics.

Jeff, Airglas makes a wheel penetration ski. I flew this cub about 50 hours last winter with them.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20141122_114629.jpg
    20141122_114629.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 612
  • 20150102_105148.jpg
    20150102_105148.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 619
I also fly off a paved strip. I use Aero. They work ok but not the best in very deep snow. Good compromise for flying off pavement.

Jeff, like Alan shows in the pictures, I have the Landes LW2500 penetration skis. I like them and have had them in some pretty deep powder. They're best though when you get back to your home airport and taxi up to the hangar without fooling with dollies.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1329.jpg
    IMG_1329.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 579
I bought some misc small parts and ski bungees from Trick Aire a couple of months ago. They still support the skis in that are in the field.

Thanks everyone for all the great info. The summit skis look like the hot ticket.

I was successful in purchasing a used set of Trickair 2250's so I am all set. Now on to the task of seeing if I can purchase the STC and assorted parts from Trickair to get them mounted.

I might be able to put you in touch with the right people if Yarddart can not help.

Thanks George. I think I may be covered between info from Yarddart and some people that have installed several sets of Trickairs in the past.

I will reach back out to you if my other path is not fruitful. Thanks again for the offer.

Jeff

Back