PDA

View Full Version : My First Ski Landings

phdigger123
01-26-2014, 12:18 AM
After being teased about having a set of skis and not using them, I finally put the skis on my cub and went flying. My Wife gave me a Go-Pro for Christmas. So here is my first shot at a video and at flying with skis. I need practice on both! But he scenery was good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niM1bqgIHps

T T
01-26-2014, 01:27 AM
phdigger123,

Thanks for sharing your ski flying video. Super fun!

I would like to buy a GoPro too. What factors did you consider before deciding where you would mount your GoPro?

I'm also wondering if the windshield causes glare. Any thoughts on that concern?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

btracy
01-26-2014, 09:09 AM
Welcome to the site Teri.

Here is the link to a thread that was started previously on go pro mounting

http://www.supercub.org/forum/showthread.php?37746-Tell-me-your-favorite-mount!

T T
01-26-2014, 12:01 PM
Thanks btracy, I will read the posts you have referred me to on this site. Thank you for the kind welcome! Terri (T T)

One Sky
01-26-2014, 01:40 PM
Nice ski flight! It must be nice to have snow to go play on the boards! 38 degrees at 930 am in Anchorage this morning, thinking about putting floats.

jcrowles
01-26-2014, 03:41 PM
Nice ski flight! It must be nice to have snow to go play on the boards! 38 degrees at 930 am in Anchorage this morning, thinking about putting floats.
Minus {-11*F } Early this morning, 40 inches of snow on the ground, more snow every night, and I'm getting sick of plowing snow every day !!! Only 90 days until spring !! BEMIDJI,MN.

phdigger123
01-26-2014, 05:14 PM
phdigger123,

Thanks for sharing your ski flying video. Super fun!

I would like to buy a GoPro too. What factors did you consider before deciding where you would mount your GoPro?

I'm also wondering if the windshield causes glare. Any thoughts on that concern?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I wanted a view that was the same as what I saw. I used the flat adhesive mount that came with the camera and stuck it in the middle of the tube that is in front of the aileron balance cable. There is some glare, I noticed you can see the Twin Cities TCA map that was on the dash. I don't think the glare would be big issue with a clean window and dash.

Mike

Olibuilt
01-26-2014, 05:49 PM
Nice video, thanks for sharing. Look like some nice snow there!