• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Steve Lewis: Ski Plane Pilot

WindOnHisNose

BENEFACTOR
Lino Lakes MN (MY18)
Yup, Steve Lewis, the Tennessee Whiz Kid, is now officially a ski plane pilot. He came up for a flight physical and part of the deal was to provide the opportunity to fly my supercub on skis. Well, he did, and despite some pretty hard, bumpy snow he did an exceptional job! Now all he needs are some skis for his super cub and some snow in East TN:)

Congratulations, Steve!

Randy

Congratulations, Steve! Flying skis is on my wish-list, sometimes we get enough snow in Michigan, sometimes we don't.

Anne.

Congrats, Steve. Be careful, it is addictive. Pretty soon you'll want to move North.

Bill

Randy did you make him do it with NVGs. :roll: I hear he does all his best work in the dark :oops: Well that is what Steve told me!:wink:

Alright Steve,,, now you will get to fly them about as much as I do....

Well I'm not sure if 10 TO & LDGS and the ability to recognize a skiplane 2 out of 3 times qualifies me as a skiplane pilot or not. I'm sure if I bought skis to use here it would never snow again!!! Thanks Randy for letting me fly your SC in the snow, it was a great weekend and I learned a lot:)

Steve

Well I'm not sure if 10 TO & LDGS and the ability to recognize a skiplane 2 out of 3 times qualifies me as a skiplane pilot or not. I'm sure if I bought skis to use here it would never snow again!!! Thanks Randy for letting me fly your SC in the snow, it was a great weekend and I learned a lot:)

Steve

Steve, buy them and be ready at a moments notice to use them, it's always worth the effort to fly them. 42 ski hours this season and hoping for another 10.

Glenn

Oh, come on, Brenda, you know Steve Lewis...bashful, camera-shy, etc....he would never allow me to capture his Spirit onto a photograph.

Frankly, we missed a couple of prime photo ops last weekend. In the morning, the fledgling embryologist donned surgical attire and spent the morning in our IVF lab, and in the afternoon we took to the skies and to the skis. Really didn't think about a photo until it was too late:(

Randy,Brenda is right remember when you cheated on your girlfriend in high school with her best friend...If she didn't have pictures it didn't happen.Deny Deny Deny. That is why kids today have it so tough...you cheat on your girlfriend and before the first kiss at the mall it is on Facebook.John

Ummm, yes, Steve is VERY shy so the cell phone flash may have thrown off his concentration.

I must say that I'm a little nervous that you let him play in your lab. In 40 weeks, there will be about a 100 kids running around who look just like Lewis. :Gscared:

Yeah those folks from Tennesee can be real crafty. I have never thought of a short minnesitan named Ollie with a southern drawl. But he will know how to leave the local Ice Fishing spot see below.
DUI - Tennessee Style

From the county where drunk driving
Is considered a sport,
comes this true story:
Recently a routine police patrol parked
outside a bar in Bristol , TN .
After last call, the officer noticed
a man leaving the bar
apparently so intoxicated
that he could barely walk.

The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the officer quietly observing.
After what seemed an eternity in which he tried his keys on five different vehicles, the man managed to find his car and fall into it.

He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off.

Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off--it was a fine, dry summer night--, flicked the blinkers on and off a couple of times, honked the horn and then switched on the lights.

He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other patrons' vehicles left.

At last, when his was the only car left in the parking lot, he pulled out and drove slowly down the road.

The police officer, having waited patiently all this time, now started up his patrol car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over and administered a breathalyzer test.

To his amazement, the breathalyzer indicated no evidence that the man had consumed any alcohol at all!

Dumbfounded, the officer said,
"I'll have to ask you to accompany me
to the police station.
This breathalyzer equipment
must be broken."

'I doubt it,' said the truly proud Redneck.
'Tonight I'm the designated decoy.'

Now, that's a good one, John:)

Brenda K, we suited Steve up in scrubs, but only after he had been put into a straight-jacket and outfitted with a chastity belt. Purely precautionary, ma'am, purely precautionary.

Ok, it's been a few hours. Are you guys done photoshopping yet?

BK Good News and Bad News...
Good News-The 100 children in 9.5 months do not look like Steve Lewis.

The Bad News-Through wonders of DNA and cloning and all sorts of stuff only Dr. RC can explain they will all look like you with Kissy Lips Tatoos;-) Isn't science great...Now explain that one to your kids!!!
:evil:

In the lab I followed Dr. Randy's instructions: DO NOT touch anything and keep your mouth closed. In the SC I followed Dr. Randy's instructions: land on the white stuff and DO NOT tear anything up! A successful Saturday:)

Steve

In the lab I followed Dr. Randy's instructions: DO NOT touch anything and keep your mouth closed. In the SC I followed Dr. Randy's instructions: land on the white stuff and DO NOT tear anything up! A successful Saturday:)

Steve

Not what I heard....I heard he said Steve turn your head and cough cause this is the best medical you will ever have had!:cry:

I was afraid to Zorbatize him with all the excitement he already had experienced. He is a strong man, but the Nachos Grande might have pushed him over the edge:)

Next time, though....

Back