• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Need info about jet skiing

Bren

I never tried jet skiing and this forum is about jet skiing, I want to know from where and how should I start my jet skiing, does it need any physical training or techniques or a lot of practice, or is it a kind of sport that anyone can perform?

aNYONE CAN DO IT JUST MAKE SURE YOU GET ONE WITH A LOT OF POWER TO GET YOU THRU THE BIG WAVES

Bren, you have come to the right place.
First get a very small boat - 6 to 8 feet long, that you sit on.
Be sure it has a motor with at least 140 horse power and no rudder.
Practice your situational awareness by zig zagging at very high speed
across the path of a PA 18 in full take off mode.
Stay as close as you can to the thing spinning on the front.

There are several Jet Ski folks in a lake near me who have become
extremely proficient at this and I anticipate their advancement to that
Great Jet Ski Pond in the Sky.

Interesting how much damn spam is starting to show up here and on BCP. Last week it was the Russians.

Moderators should blow these folks up!

Joe,

I think you are missing the entire question...

And Mr. BigE even was less than helpful...

The big issue with jet ski operations is that the exhaust heats and melts the snow if you taxi at all, or while trying to warm up and do your checklists. Also, if at rest, the exhaust will warm up the skis, causing them to melt into the ice and snow and freeze after shut down.

I am sure that the Pavehawk skis used by the military would fit a lear, citation or other small bizjet. However, finding a field with enough length to get stopped and turn around in might be difficult.

Some turbo props work well, Pilatus, Hercs and I bet the Maule with the turbine would be great. Also the 185 Soloy conversion...

As far as physical training, I think that the required training will be required in inverse proportion to the mental capacity to foresee what dumb stuff you are trying to get yourself into...

Mr. BigE, our local ski rescue pilot, has never mentioned being stuck... yet has ski pictures to prove he HAS flown skis. He would be a good start to ask some questions.

Yes, you will shove, push, swear and the like on skis...

If you are asking about personal water craft, they suck on snow.

You are so correct.
I did think Jet Skis were watercraft.
Ah the blight of the coonass.

(TO SJ: disambiguation )

No Joe,

You are just far more brainwashed by this here 'global warming' thing. Snow is water, just in it's solid state. hence the reason that PWC (personal water craft) do not work on snow, their pumps jam with the solids. Where as a snowmachine works on snow, and will also work on water with a skilled (read that as slightly bent) operator holding on.

Just how well does a cub do with a turbine I wonder???

Back