• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Float Plugs - Let me know if you see these

Grant

FRIEND
At Work.....
Please let me know if you should come into contact with these plugs. The one on the right is a genuine Lake & Air Plug mfg'd here in the USA. The plug on the left is a fake, I assume made to fit a PK float since it is smaller than our standard plug. This plug is very stiff and IS NOT made by Lake & Air. We would like to find the source of these plugs and at least have them remove our name and part number from the product. If anyone sees the plugs for sale please let me know. They look identical to ours except for the size so You'll need to know what your looking at or have a way to measure them.

gwallace@lakeandair.com

Attachments

• plug01.jpg
    plug01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 191
  • plug02.jpg
    plug02.jpg
    805.9 KB · Views: 133
I am going to be ordering a bunch of pump outs and plugs for my float project soon. Will keep an eye open. I will be buying from Lake and Air.

Buy the aluminum pump out cups. Don't even consider plastic. Pass on the wedgie plugs, too. Go with balls. Way easier to get out. (No offense, Grant. I've always hated those tapered plugs but your aluminum pump-out cups are fantastic.)

Last edited:
put the ball into the pump out with the string on the side, not up out of the middle. Then you can use the string to help roll the ball out...

They all suk, depart the float, and are a pita!

But they are a minor issue to get the fun of float flying!:lol:

Will keep our eyes out up here Grant. Not lots of PK's around, but a few.

I only buy float products from Lake and Air. But, if I see any "bootleg" product, will forward your advice. Thank you for the information.
LakeandAir.jpg

Attachments

• LakeandAir.jpg
    LakeandAir.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 160
Hey Grant, I remember a thread years back in which some pilot was lamenting the theft
of his ball and string plugs....till he found the birds plucking them out.
But I digress.......Sort of a pedantic comment. Sorry.

Hmmm, I see no mention of the spring-loaded float plugs.
When you guys get tired of playing with your balls, check out the spring-loaded ping pong ball thingies that you can pump without removing those tampax type things.
A bit more spendy but VERY handy. Grant, post a pic!

Grant,

You sure someone didn't just put their plugs in the wash, then high heat in the dryer?

Seriously, though, that sucks......some people!

MTV

Off topic, but I know Aerocet's will blow the plugs out when you take them to 7000, 8000 feet. Will keep a eye out for the fake ones

Call Alton at PK, if they are being made to fit PK floats I'll bet one of his customers has mentioned to him, perhaps in passing, that he found a source for some new float plugs. I have heard he is a standup good guy, so he might be willing and able to help.

Just a thought

Bill

I used test tube caps for my floats project. Drilled a big hole to reduce the weight, and a small hole to pass the rope trought..... Works perfect for me. Bet nobody can beat the price (6.11$ for 10.............). Don't tell to anyone please!

http://www.lcmlab.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=132

Found it: 23U54 SOLID, # 8 , Pack 10 $6.11

Last edited:
Hey Grant, I remember a thread years back in which some pilot was lamenting the theft
of his ball and string plugs....till he found the birds plucking them out.
But I digress.......Sort of a pedantic comment. Sorry.

HA! Joe, you crack me up.

sj

Hey Porti, you back in country?
Atlin next week!

Grant, Where did you find the counter fits?

Do you think the Chinese counter fitters even new what these plugs were for? I doubt it.

Its time to slow the imports. Tariff time.

Logan,

Is it next weekend????? shoot, in-laws coming up, might have to drag them with me and drive up.

Yep, 30th - July 2nd.
Don't shoot the inlaws!

Waiting for a bud to be able to navigate the wx to get here, then mount/rig his floats before we leave. Might be a titch late, but hope to see everyone & trade some fresh BS.

& How much profit can there be in counterfeiting a $3 item??

Back