• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cable pully Covers Left and Right wing, one each

rotto789

Yooper Cub
FOUNDER
Mi. ( Yooper)
Quick Question,

Where would one Buy the Cable pulley cover fairings for top of the Left and Right wings? Cant find em anywhere, Or am I just Blind?? Looked all through Spruce, checked out Univair, Dacota, and others I don't see em any Place, I have the Grommets and am in the process of covering the wings but I want to be sure I have the right grommet for the fairing before I glue em down.......
Thanks in advance for any valuable information....:)

Rick

I made/vacuum formed some cool kydex ones ;-)
Mike,

You are The Kydex King!! The Love Guru of Kydex, They should pay you a commission for all the great advertising you do for them LoL!!! I actually ordered the sample kit because of you, is some cool stuff for sure!!!!
thanks for the info.........
Rick......:lol:

Quick Question,

Where would one Buy the Cable pulley cover fairings for top of the Left and Right wings? Cant find em anywhere, Or am I just Blind?? Looked all through Spruce, checked out Univair, Dacota, and others I don't see em any Place, I have the Grommets and am in the process of covering the wings but I want to be sure I have the right grommet for the fairing before I glue em down.......

Rick

The teardrop-shaped one? DC60752?

Edit: Added picture
aefd81df-83df-4e50.jpg

Mike,

You are The Kydex King!! The Love Guru of Kydex, They should pay you a commission for all the great advertising you do for them LoL!!! I actually ordered the sample kit because of you, is some cool stuff for sure!!!!
thanks for the info.........
Rick......:lol:

Amy's got the right ones!

I was using them for the jury strut area on a -12.... no paint needed, the Scout has fairings like this, but ruff side inside..

IMG_2324.jpg

The teardrop-shaped one? DC60752?
Amy,

That is the one I am looking for, Guess I am Blind, coarce a picture is worth a thousand Word and numbers Ha Ha Ha !
Thank You so Much I will be calling to order thanks again.......

Rick8)

Amy,

Where are you ordering these from? I am in the process of covering my 2+2 and will need a couple.

Thanks,

Duane

You could try Wag Aero also. I borrowed one from someone and made a fiberglass mold and now can make them as needed.

Wag aeros are not metal, but thin plastic as I understand, or was told. I was advised to use the metal ones from univairparts or Dakota.

Carbon fiber might be cool.....

Pierce has all the aluminum grommets to screw those into. The work great!

I carved a female mold to the shape that I wanted out of an oak log. Then clamped on a piece of soft aluminum and beat it into shape with a hammer. A little sandpaper and a coat of paint. Looks like Piper's.

I have the Grommets and am in the process of covering the wings but I want to be sure I have the right grommet for the fairing before I glue em down.......

Rick

Great idea. I use the cover, aileron horn and a piece of welding rod to locate the grommet on the wing when covering. The angle is not 90 degrees to the false spar so it lines up better if you do it this way.

PA18_wing.jpg

Great idea. I use the cover, aileron horn and a piece of welding rod to locate the grommet on the wing when covering. The angle is not 90 degrees to the false spar so it lines up better if you do it this way​

Steve,
Thank you, I thought it looked a little off if I lined it up 90*to the false spar, Thank you for the info, I have the aluminum Grommets and will wait for the cover to line it all up using your method.
Rick;-)

Wag aeros are not metal, but thin plastic as I understand, or was told. I was advised to use the metal ones from univairparts or Dakota.

Wag Aero sells the cheap plastic ones, but they also sell them in Aluminum. That's where I bought mine last year. I agree, Carbon fiber one would be cool and easy enough to make.

Ordered Mine from Dakota Cub today, ( aluminum) They ain't Cheap by any stretch, But is anything aviation related Cheap? NOT!!!! oh well, spread the wealth I say, Lets keep America Working, at least there made Here in the USA..............I like the Carbon fiber Idea, you'd think some one would catch on and start Manufacturing all the neat little parts that are plastic outta carbon fiber, spouse the market is rather limited though, so not very cost effective...............:)

Ordered Mine from Dakota Cub today, ( aluminum) They ain't Cheap by any stretch, But is anything aviation related Cheap? NOT!!!! oh well, spread the wealth I say, Lets keep America Working, at least there made Here in the USA..............I like the Carbon fiber Idea, you'd think some one would catch on and start Manufacturing all the neat little parts that are plastic outta carbon fiber, spouse the market is rather limited though, so not very cost effective...............:)

Thanks rotto--best of luck with your project! :up

The only thing cheap about an airplane is its owner. I used to even laugh at that, now I just cringe at the truth in it :p

Back