• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

"Canadian Floatplane Fuel Webpage" Eh???

NimpoCub

Nimpo Lake, BC . . . AKA "the Floatplane Capital o
OK Tim, we'll try it your way. :)

This is a request for info. The BC Floatplane Ass'n is trying to make the website www.bcfloatplaneassociation.com more useful to folks flying around western Canada, Ak, Yukon, & NWT. One thing we're working on is a list of any/all potential fuel locations. All are not in the flight supplement.

Would those of you that know of unlisted fuel locations please send me the names & contact info? I'll contact 'em to find out the skinny & if they agree, will list them as possible locations in the Places to Fly section. Do go & hav'a look around @ www.bcfloatplane.com (& maybe give us some feedback/ideas)!

Thanks bunches. logan(at)xplornet.com

Current phone numbers are also helpful - to call ahead. But you probably thought of that.

Logan,

Not BC, Nor Yukon, but you can land a float plane here in Haines (downtown) or in Mosquito lake and I can help with fuel. Also, you can land in the river just down from the house, but most pilots don't like fast gray water

George, (& other boonie travellers)....
You folks who have experience w/flying around out there where there is not a lot of fuel availability, know about those obscure places that MIGHT have fuel available. What I'd like to do is contact them & see if they'd mind being listed as POSSIBLE fuel locations. Of course (as Rob said) folks would need to call ahead to see if they'd be "welcome" when/if the need arises.

This is just more INFO for our website, which now boasts the feature to list any amenities for a given corridor along your intended flight path.
EG: fuel, cabins, (whatever might be listed in the descriptions) within 50mi. of your course from A to B.
www.bcfloatplane.com click on "Places To Fly". (click on anything you like) :)

Logan,

It seems your frustration on this note is mounting.

Another approach might be to find out who the operators are for some areas, and talk to them. Most do not want to tell their secret spots, or caches because there are those that will take free fuel and not tell you, just burn it and leave. Having the local contact and let the contact decide if they want to tell each individual might be an easier route.

Another approach might be to find out who the operators are for some areas, and talk to them.

Yeah, that's all I'm lookin' for. Contact info so I can ask 'em if they'd mind being listed w/contact info in case somebody wanted to stop there for fuel, or a night. I know there's A-holes that would steal, but I'm sure not asking about "caches"! As y'all know, sometimes an extra 10 gal's would make the difference. Just lookin' for phone/radio contact info to list - with the operators permission (to list) of course. I didn't think it was a bad idea, and I understand the hassle factor of getting fuel in to some of the places. I'll not ask anymore. :)

Logan,

Hey....eh.... Why not cater to people on wheels and floats for their northbound passage? Would be a good way to get more hits on your webpage.

Sorry, I don't understand your point.
We are a floatplane org, but support anyone (almost) :) We even always make sure there's a strip for those float-challenged types @ our flyins!!

It's not more hits we're lookin' for (don't sell ads), we're lookin' for useful info for any kind'a pilots on our website. If I was to run into some wx, it would be nice to find a corral like Christina did last year. That's all, and contact info to see if we'd be "welcome".

I'm not askin' as I said I'd not do that anymore.
BUT... voluntary info appreciated. :)

Huh?? What the he(ck) did that mean?

Got an email from Kugluktuk, Nunavut today with fuel (cheap for up there!) Just waiting for the contact info & we can list that. (375 mi. N of Yellerknife)
Thanks Larry!

Anyone else? (OOPS) :)

Back