• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Pitt Special!!

Nathaniel

Today coming back from Club Cherokee Flee Market I got to fly a Pitts Special! Did some rolls and loops! First aerobatics!! And it was with a valid flight instructor!

What he forgot to tell you is his wonderful boss :D (<--That's Me) got him the ride. Good for you Nate.

You must get some more time in it Nathaniel and learn to land it, hopefully the airport you are flying at will be suitable for a curved approach to the flare which solves the can't see in front of it problem. :D

Everyone should have a Pitts (for aerobatic fun), a Supercub (for STOL Fun), and a Cessna 206 or Piper Archer (or similar for Traveling) in their hanger. You have been 2/3rds bitten!!

I'm 2/3rd there, just waiting for the C185.

Quote thanks to Budd Davisson:
"There are Pitts Specials and there are other airplanes and the two shouldn't be confused."

81bdf8ce.jpg

Nathaniel said:
...because you could hardly see in front of you.

You said it was a Pitts, right? So what's new?! There isn't a Pitts made that has good visibility to the front. That's part of the "charm" of the airplane! :)

Bushwhacker Air said:
Everyone should have a Pitts (for aerobatic fun), a Supercub (for STOL Fun), and a Cessna 206 or Piper Archer (or similar for Traveling) in their hanger.

I want the Cub and the 206, but I'll trade the Pitts for a Waco if you don't mind ;)
waco.png

Back