• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Dan Gryder arrest update ?

HATIN11R

Sandpoint,Idaho
Does anyone have any updated info.on this subject ? Dan was arrested when he had words with the local airport secirity and police dept. ( see past avweb news for details ) Seems all has been quiet since the story broke in Nov.

Herman

I actually emailed AvWeb about that, asking what they knew. The response was that he's out of jail but his lawyers have told him not to talk about it while things are still going on.

They said that they plan to do an update about him when he's able to speak to them about the case.

I am particularly interested to find out what if anything the FAA will do. Hopefully nothing.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure we will hear something eventually and I bet Dan is thinking "woulda,shoulda,coulda" at this point. Bummer.......Herman.

Any news on how this all panned out ? I wonder if Dan will make that big DC-3 group arrival at OSH ? Update anyone............

I looked up Dan in the FAA data base and where his ratings should have been I read: " For information concerning this airman call the certification branch at xxx-xxx-xxxx" This is not a good sign.

Also it has been reported in the news that the FAA is not pleased with the whole safety situation . i.e. starting the DC 3 engines in close proximity and taxiing close to the the enforcement officer's car and so on. Reckless behavior is what is being touted.

Without passing any judgement,we all should take note of our attitude,pride and passion when we turn that key....or pull that prop through. I bet there is alot of woulda,shoulda,coulda going on at this point.....Herman.

HATIN11R said:
I looked up Dan in the FAA data base and where his ratings should have been I read: " For information concerning this airman call the certification branch at xxx-xxx-xxxx" This is not a good sign.

Also it has been reported in the news that the FAA is not pleased with the whole safety situation . i.e. starting the DC 3 engines in close proximity and taxiing close to the the enforcement officer's car and so on. Reckless behavior is what is being touted.

Without passing any judgement,we all should take note of our attitude,pride and passion when we turn that key....or pull that prop through. I bet there is alot of woulda,shoulda,coulda going on at this point.....Herman.

Let's face it....he was 'stuck on stupid"

Well, he was at OSH with the DC-3 sporting new paint, so it can't be all that bad.

Seriously, with only one side of the story, you guys are sure quick believe 1.) the airport manager (who admittedly has a long history of butting heads with Gryder) and 2.) a code enforcement "officer". Those are the high school dropouts who drive around in police-type vehicles wearing police-type uniforms and police-type badges who give people tickets for having messy yards or improperly painted parking lots. No, they would NEVER pull some super-trooper BS and unreasonably blow a situation way out of proportion. Riiiiight.

The truth is probably somewhere between their version and his with both sides partially at fault, but I can guarantee that even if they were 100% in the wrong, the airport nazi and the ticket turkey wouldn't lose their jobs, careers, and business, but if Dan is 1% wrong he could lose everything.

We were at Krogs party in the campground at Oshkosh with a bunch of the DC3/C47 guy's and Dan was playing a guitar and singing, he was quite entertaining and seemed like a good guy even before I had a few beers.

Glenn

Mike....there are some good points you make and I hope for his sake it all is a wash.However, I still stand by my last sentence about woulda,shoulda,coulda. One thing is for sure,somehow things got WAAAYY out of hand.

Unfortunately the details will not likely come out either way.
i.e...the Patty Wagstaff incident was polarized just like Dan's and then quietly worked out in the courts. Only the accused and the accusers know the truth,or what is perceived as the truth by each party.

At any rate,no judgement by me except to say cool heads were lacking all the way around. JMHO......Herman.

Back