• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Seaplane door for PA-12

NunavutPA-12

FRIEND
67.8N,115.1W CYCO Canada
Does anyone know the approximate dollar amount that a shop is likely to charge to build and install a left-hand door on a PA-12?

Where does the trim handle and throttle go if a door is installed?

Larry

the trim goes overhead on left side..

usually the throttle is removed when left door is added....

I just finished adding throttle in left cargo door on this -12 & its removable assembly also, but need to finish making sure I get it all approved before I really share and someone thinks its a easy done deal....took some thinking... but now have methods figured out for the -12, and if you do a left -18 door to keep it in original location also(different methods for each)

you might contact crosswinds since he holds one stc for it (think larger cargo door version it's -14 only, you will need a fsdo field approval for -12 http://www.crosswindsstol.com/ prolly can give you a good idea of whats involved $ wise

mike mcs repair said:
the trim goes overhead on left side..

usually the throttle is removed when left door is added....

I just finished adding throttle in left cargo door on this -12 & its removable assembly also, but need to finish making sure I get it all approved before I really share and someone thinks its a easy done deal....took some thinking... but now have methods figured out for the -12, and if you do a left -18 door to keep it in original location also(different methods for each)

you might contact crosswinds since he holds one stc for it (think larger cargo door version it's -14 only, you will need a fsdo field approval for -12 http://www.crosswindsstol.com/ prolly can give you a good idea of whats involved $ wise

still waiting for final blessing, but a video is up of throttle in left door on PA-12. took alot oh head scratching but it works good... and I have a way to do a left door one in a -18 figured out leaving it in original location also......

http://www.youtube.com/user/mcsrepair#p/a/u/1/6wW5vFcSelw

Great idea Mike! I have been scratching my head for this for some time as well. :lol:

Where does the trim handle and throttle go if a door is installed?

Look in my gallery for some pics from my double door PA-12. The pulley pictures are through the skylight but you get the idea. I don't have a rear seat throttle. The pilot's throttle is on the window sill immediately forward of the door post. It feels very natural there. My fuel valve is directly below it.

Stewart

Scottsdale15 said:
Mike, How much does that throttle assembly weigh?

probably not a pound more than stock throttle, mount and link.... you are (re)using all exact same stuff just adding the round thing that is delrin, and the steel pin it mates with, and it could go on a diet in next versions too.....

and all the stuff in door is made removable.... few(6) nuts and zip its all out... reverse and throw it in for check ride or what not.....

"......and all the stuff in door is made removable.... few(6) nuts and zip its all out... reverse and throw it in for check ride or what not....."

Which is a He** of a great feature.

:drinking: :D :D

Back