• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

39Yankeroff Headed for Ohio

On Patrol

BENEFACTOR
Wentworth NH" The WAD" NH96
Hi All,
WAD update......Received the tail feathers from Pierce this past week and 39Y was reassembled. Bill Tracy arrived yesterday and inspected all the work so we could close her up. Jen jumped in and cleaned off some of her dirt and grime from last fall. I cleaned all her glass and Bill fired her up last evening for a successful test flight here at the WAD. She looked great and the weather was kind at 55*F with sun. We performed all the paperwork and made her Bill's last night officially. Jen packed Bill a couple of meatloaf sandwiches and a couple of bottle waters. We were all up at before daybreak and to the west a blue sky with a solid moon greeted him for the ride. However in the short period to get Bill some coffee and get over to the WAD New Hampshire greeted us with a cold 28*F wind and some snow flurries from the North. We could still see the broken blue skies to the south west and it appeared it would be no issue for Bill. So at 6:50 here in the east Bill and I pushed her out of her hangar and fired her up. The good old gal did not even drag her starter she fired right up. Bill taxied down to the wood mill end and warmed her up. At 7 AM on the nose the 1970 PA18 150 that myself and George had owned these past few years took off into the north wind in snow flurries headed for Ohio. I saw Bill bank her to the west and go out of sight over the ridge. She is a great plane and I wish Bill many safe and fun filled hours with her. I get attached so I know I will miss her but she needs to be flown so it was time. I will concentrate more on my Miss Daisy and fund some changes to her with the sale of 39Y. :howdy

Great day for the trip home!!

Looking outside here the lake is glass and the sky is blue!

I think I might take to the skies for a bit today!

Tim

Same here Tim. What a great idea. I think I'll do the same ! Happy Easter !!

IMG_00831.JPG

Our nice day was yesterday, did a flight review for Sarah Dickerson, CFI. She will soon be instructing in my old cub, N197T.

Of course, the flight review involved breakfast at St. Joe.

sj

P.S. PLEASE NOTE PROPERLY INSTALLED NEW SUPERCUB.ORG HAT.

SteveE should take pleasure in knowing this two culprits sent me an email that there was some black bleeding through and the red stripes didn't line up. After a phone call it didn't take long from all the laughing in the back ground to figure out I had been had. :lol:

Congratulations Bill, I know you will enjoy her.

John, I know how you feel as I watched the Pacer leave a few weeks ago.

Congrats Bill great to hear John finally let go and you got to take her home.

DW

Congratulations Bill!!! Now the fun begins! Call me when you get back to Buckeye Land. Rick :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bill called just now and after a full day of a windy flight he made it home with his new prize.
Congrats Bill :p Now he has 2 days off to really put her through her paces.
John :wink:

I'm glad the grand girl is in her new home. Bill got a great airplane!

Hi all. Well the trip home was not beautiful but I did get home OK. The Mt. Dorset area was in a snow storm and I wasn't able to flew over Tool Tim Tim's place. But the sky was still clear to the south so after a 30 mile deviation the skies to the west were again blue and I turned back towards Ohio. Found a great little airport in Sidney NY. The ride home never did smooth out but at least I know the wings are going to stay on now and that John actually got all of the parts back on correctly. But it was a nice sunny day and the winds weren't to bad other than they were at 90 degrees to every runway I stopped at. But it flew great and it'd nice to be home with it.

Hey Bill,
I forgot to ask...what do you want me to do with these spare nuts and bolts :eek:
John

I went out today to put the lock on the hanger and take the wife for a ride and wouldn't you know it there is already a bunch of riff-raff hanging out at the field. Coming down the road and there sets a Maroon and Cream Scout. That looks like John Graham's plane. Pulling in and sure enough it was. So we had lunch and he checked out 39Y before heading back out to patrol some more pipe lines.

John after the first air pocket that I hit and they went bouncing around the cockpit and hitting me in the head I opened the door and thru all of them out. I hope none of them were real important.

I made sure that any with cotter pins went back in....somewhere.
The ones with nylon I figured were not that important.
Thanks
John :lol:

btracy said:
I went out today to put the lock on the hanger and take the wife for a ride and wouldn't you know it there is already a bunch of riff-raff hanging out at the field. Coming down the road and there sets a Maroon and Cream Scout. That looks like John Graham's plane. Pulling in and sure enough it was. So we had lunch and he checked out 39Y before heading back out to patrol some more pipe lines.

What hanger is it in? I need to know where to go when I need parts :D

Congrats Bill!

Enjoy!

I finally got out to the garage and worked on mine today. Unfortunately I spent the time getting back to where I was before. Had to clean off some surface rust that started. :cry:

Since my house has been sold....I figure the more I attach the less I have to move.

cafi

Its great that you are still working on it Cafi. For a while yesterday I thought that I was headed for your house when the only clear sky was towards your house. IF Easter dinner wasn't waiting at home I may of took your offer to stop by.

We would have fed you too Bill. Mom had 14 for dinner and cooked for 30.
Gotta love my mom! We all went home with dinner for the next 2 nights. :)

cafi

OK Bill,
You have the day off and it is CAVU here and hopefully there. I hope you are spanking the dust of of her as I suffer here at work :D

Tim I was really tempted to stop at NY89 but I knew that if I did that I would never make it home and the cheapest fuel on the whole route was at Salem airpark so I headed a bit south. John the ceiling and vis here are about 500" But I could go push it out in the rain and get the dust off of it. But I have to go back to work tonight so I should go take a nap instead.

btracy said:
Tim I was really tempted to stop at NY89 but I knew that if I did that I would never make it home and the cheapest fuel on the whole route was at Salem airpark so I headed a bit south. John the ceiling and vis here are about 500" But I could go push it out in the rain and get the dust off of it. But I have to go back to work tonight so I should go take a nap instead.

Bill-

Just make sure you put July 19th on your calendar for NY89.

Tim

Work ???? unfamiliar with the term.

Have fun with the new ride Bill I know you will

Dennis

Back