• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

5 Year Medical

Jacob Papp

Fort Edward, NY
I know this topic has probably been discussed. I've heard but cant confirm that my third class medical is now valid for 5 years?! Is there a reg that I can reference??

-jake

I just confirmed that on the faa website. I don't have the link but it was easy to find. good for 5 years as long as you got it prior to age 40.

Jacob Papp said:
I know this topic has probably been discussed. I've heard but cant confirm that my third class medical is now valid for 5 years?! Is there a reg that I can reference??

-jake

Yes. Correct.

Tim

aerialimage said:
I just confirmed that on the faa website. I don't have the link but it was easy to find. good for 5 years as long as you got it prior to age 40.

Figgers.

If im not mistaken, I believe if you get a 3rd after 40, its only good for 2 years now... is that correct?

Way it's been up here for about a decade now. If you're 39 go in and get another medical now...even if yours is still in force... so you're good 'till 44 before you need another one. Is what I did. Only issue was I couldn't legally fly into the USA. Now sounds like we're all on the same page again!

Back