• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

dreamimg of johnson creek

high country air

you here hank say, are you ready for some football. well i say are you ready for some Johnson creek. my wife said the other day that she would be glad when June got here were i would shut up about Johnson creek. i have all ready started to get the camping equipment out and clean and repair it. i had a dream the other night that there was a winter fly-in at Johnson creek. the ones that had skies made packing runs where the guys with the big rubber could get in there. must been having a lot of fun, the wife woke me and told me to shut up. i am based in walsenburg Colorado if any of you are coming through here maybe we can all go together, right now there are 2 pa-12's and 1 pa-20 going from here. all ready got on airnav and got the course figured out . walsenburg 4v1- Paonia CO. 7v2- Roosevelt ut. 74v- Brigham city ut. UT- Arco ID. AOC- Johnson creek id. 3u2. Total distance 667.7 SM . Ok i better get off here and get some work done hope to see you all up there.

HIGH COUNTRY AIR

I've been working my butt off to complete a more or less scratch built 18 and Johnsons Creek is the MOTO VATOR. Been out to that area twice and hope to be there in May and again in June. I'm hoping it's a good time.

Hi, Highcountry: :howdy

Glad you had such a good time. Just remember to get an earlier start next time :D This is DAWN patrol trip!

Hope to drag some more folks along myself, and heck, Girlscout :luv2: has specifically requested to come, so now I've got to be on best behaviour... :wink:

Thanks. cubscout

Kool, Cubscout I am so glad girlscout is coming I really enjoy meeting ya'lls ladies putting faces to names is nice, meeting the rest of the family is awesome.

I had hoped we would get to fly both cubs to Johnson Creek this year with my Mom flying with me in my 11 since she had such a good time at Minim. I do not know at this point if we will get to come at all my 11 is leaking a quart of oil for every two hours of flight time so I grounded her. That sure did tick Clyde off he insisted you could keep on flying just keep putting more oil in. Just too few places to put her down around Mendocino County I worry if a little is coming out what a disaster it would be if a whole lot dumped suddenly.

Round five of the high dose chemo sent poor Clyde into a tailspin so he is going to quit treatment and ride it out. He finally felt up the the ride up to the Willits Airport from Redwood City to see if he would be able to do a little work on the 11. I can not believe we forgot my new needle ball at the 5th wheel in Redwood City, bummer.

My Precious, Clyde, is hoping to get stronger as the drugs get out of his system but he seems to be having more trouble breathing each day so please keep him in your prayers. The high does treatment was at least effective the CEA (tumor marker score) went from two thousand to sixty-eight before side effects got just too much to bare.

Clyde is concerned he will not be able to get the C-85 engine from my 11 mounted on his J-3 in time for the fly-ins this Spring. I am praying he will be well enough to make Johnson Creek especially with the high altitudes. Lord willing we will be able to see ya'll again. Tailwinds, Clyde and Susie

Susie and Clyde

I'm so sorry to hear that Clyde is having such difficulty with his treatments.

Kathy and I will keep you both in our prayers. Hope to see you both at JC.

Lou

Thanks for the prayers we really appreciate them. Clyde had a really good day today after he fixed the flash hot water heater we headed to the hangar to work on the PA-11.

Clyde was afraid we would not be strong enough between the two of us to catch and hang on to the metal prop. No worries we were not even strong enough to pry or work it off the shaft. Thankfully we called a friend to help so while Banning and I worked the prop off Clyde gave us progress feedback. While Banning and Clyde replaced the gasket for the rocker box cover for the number four cylinder I fetched tools, rags, safety wire and mopped up oil off the rest of the engine.

It got too cold for Clyde and that is the longest he has stood up for four months so he was pretty tired. We called it a day for aviation work went to the pilots lounge so the guys could drink cokes and eat candy bars. I am still trying to lose weight so I enjoyed a bottle of water while listening to their stories. Fantastic to see Clyde feeling better and engaged in conversation.

We will finish putting the cowling on tomorrow and I will test fly her if the ceiling permits. NOAA weather says we have fifty percent chance of rain Sunday so we shall see. I am hoping Clyde will have enough energy to relocate the whiskey compass so the next time we come up he can install the new needle ball ... can't believe we both forgot to bring it with us.

Hope ya'll are having as nice a weekend as we are. Our ceiling for about five miles around the airport is four thousand beyond that is no go so it is not looking good for getting to test fly tomorrow. I have not been up since January 2 when I grounded the 11 because of the oil leak so I am getting antsy to get a stick in my hand and my feet on those rudders. Time for a cup of ginger tea, health and happiness to ya'll. Clyde and Susie

Thanks for the update Susie...

Please keep us posted on both you and Clyde. I think of you both often. I will continue to pray that you both have the strength to keep doing what you love so much.

God Bless

Lou

Susie, Cathy, the kids and I are thinking of you and Clyde. Prayers and well wishes. Looks like we might take a burner into Boise, hitch a ride to Johnson Creek and bring a SC back to Texas until New Holstein. SJ's screen saver has had me drooling over making the JC trip and watching Lou's video with DW didn't help much either. :D

Steve lucky you I can only imagine how fantastic Lou's video would be he has that fabulous gift to be really good at any thing he wants to do. I wish Clyde and I could see it that just might be the ticket to get Clyde sparked he is so discouraged about his energy level for getting the engines swapped out for the J-3 bless his heart.

Clyde is starting to have trouble breathing I do not know for sure if it is because the tumor in the left lung is getting larger or side effect of the drugs. The last time we flew from my Mom's over in Trinity County he had me fly low as possible because he was having trouble breathing that day and that was last October.

Johnson Creek is what I imagine heaven to be like Steve ya'll will just love it. They took me out and taught me how to pick wild mushrooms which were delicious and lots of fun to look for. Creed and Donald were really good at spotting them, Donald said it was because he was closer to the ground I believe it has more to do with young sharp eagle eyes myself. Walking up and down the runway looking at all the planes and getting to talk to fellow SuperCub.org'ers. At least my 11 will not look so funny because she now has big wheels too. Sitting around the camp fire eating, drinking, talking and listening to wonderful stories is one of my favorites. It is amazing to hear what other folks have done or thought of. I know my friends are right I have had a rather sheltered life. The stars at Johnson Creek are even bigger than at our mountain. The sound of that river running right out side your tent is like angels singing you to sleep.

Got to go Precious is ready for his lunch, thanks for the prayers, please hug one another for us and Lord willing we will all be at Johnson Creek this year. Clyde and Susie

Susie,,, I too enjoyed the talks with Clyde...very interesting and fun stories...

Speaking of stories.... I am sure you might want to forget,, but isnt it funny when Dave Kirsten gets up in front of everybody.. I believe a lot of that was directed to you,, remember :oops: :oops: Funny stuff. :lol:

Clyde and Susie---- Great to hear that your up and about Clyde------and Susie keep us posted on how things are going with you two. I hope you kids will be able to make JC this year and maybe the NW fly-in as well, My thoughts are with you both. Enjoy the videos there great.

Dennis

Susie, How feasible would it be for me to catch a burner out there and help y'all install the engine? What big cities are close by and how far away are you. I bet we could get it done it a few days. :D

Do I smell ROAD TRIP in the air---I could take a few days off my project and run down there and give you a hand and pick Pierce up at the airport.

DW

Clyde and Susie,

Been having good thoughts about your situation since I first saw the post. Finally got 10 minutes to get on and put it in writing. Sure hope will be seeing you at JC and the NW flyins this year. All my best - keep her level. :lol:

Back