• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

trutrak ADI

garyh

3gv
would like to know if i can install 3-1/8 trutrak ADI in my certified pa18 legally ? my avionics shop doesn't seem to think so.

garyh said:
would like to know if i can install 3-1/8 trutrak ADI in my certified pa18 legally ? my avionics shop doesn't seem to think so.

Gary-

My local avionics shop has installed one in a PA-18. Where are you located?

Tim

adelaidebiplanes,
did all 6 fail or just 3 and they replaced them? are you satisfied with the replacements?

i sent an email to trutrak and awaiting a reply?

I have a TruTrak ADI Pilot II in my Smith Cub. It works fine...the more turbulence the better.

Unfortunately, it is not available for certified aircraft, only experimental and LSA.

Lou

Yep, no can do in certified aircraft according to trutrak. non-certified guys have all the fun with a lot of these new gadgets.

garyh said:

When you first began to fly, you apprently wantned to fly! What has changed? I hope you haven't lost your enthusiasm . . . . .

Besides, these "gadgets" sometimes fail. Given that, and the penchant for non-instrument pilots to depend upon such things to get them through, or up through, nasty weather. there are times when failure could easily, quickly (and predictably) lead to disaster.

My recommendation: continue to enjoy your own flying skills, perhaps even adding th them through improved techniques. Only my two-cents' worth . . . . .

Mort Mason

Back