PDA

View Full Version : Wheel question for my Exp. Pa14

Marty57
10-28-2008, 10:56 AM
I am looking at a set of wheels from a Cessna 182H for possible use on my Exp. Pa14. Does any one know what wheels came stock on the 182H? I know the size of the wheels I am looking is 600X6 with 1 1/2" axle but I donít know the manufacturer or possible wheel #. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Marty57

aktango58
10-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Either goodyear or cleveland.

For the hassle, just get cleveland double pucks. You will never regret it.

(put lots of corrosion x inside before sliding them on the axles if you land on beaches)

Marty57
10-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the reply to my post. I am right now trying to decide what wheels to use and looking at all the options. I scratch built my fuselage for less than $2k and am trying not to spend more than that on wheels! Well, joking aside I was looking at a used set but the seller wasn't sure what manufacturer they were so I passed. So, back to square one. Cleveland's are of course a great choice but very high $$$$$. I am also looking at the Grove 600X6 and still hoping to stumble upon a good used set of something that will work and that I can get parts for. I am using a set of '18 gear with 1 1/4" axles so I can go with that axle size or the 1 1/2" with an adapter. If you hear of anything, let me know.

Thanks,
Marty57