• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

HVLP Turbine Which One

On Patrol

BENEFACTOR
Wentworth NH" The WAD" NH96
Hi All,
I have my first little fabric project and just ordered the Ranthane from Chip Mull along with one of his HVLP guns.
Now it is time for the Turbine. We have one of the older models at work for spraying a coating on our steel plants and it has stood the test of time but we have never been picky about the smoothness of the finish.
I see the turbines have progressed to multiple stages and many more manufacturers have jumped in the market. I also see that the HVLP can supply the respirator.
What are your opinions on manufacturers and what do you recommend?
Thanks
John

John, I just bought the 4 stage Citation turbine with a separate fresh air turbine and the Accuspray gun with the 3m Cup system. It atomizes the paint a lot better than my Croix which is about to trash a bearing. I like the single stage turbine for fresh air. It doesn't get hot and works well. http://www.axispro.com/index.php?categoryID=4

I also have the Axis four stage system. The biggest thing for me is the clean air. Instead of sucking through a filter you have pressurized air which makes it easy to breath.

Tim

Back