• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Laugh....or Cry?

Its sure different today than when I was a kid and went to Snyders Store. Either Archie or Jane cashed you out by adding up your purchase with a pencil on the paper bag that was to house your purchases. They had a box with peoples names on sales pads who were allowed to charge what they needed until payday. They would also fix you a honeyloaf or baloney sandwich if you happened to need lunch. Give me the old days!

There's a little store in the boonies near here called Snyders Corner (3 roads come together there) that sounds just like that. They cut the Bologna and cheese when you order. Some parts of Missouri are about 20 years behind, just the way I like it! :wink:

What in the world were You doing on the ACLU website in the first place? I hope it was recon of the enemy.

Hiya' docstory - :howdy

No. Ya' got it wrong. Wouldn't go there. Friend forwarded it to me. Couldn't decide whether to " Laugh or Cry", so I thought I'd share.

CD :howdy

Cloudy,
I would jes laugh. No sense in gettin' all worked up over nothin'. The ACLU is jes tryin' ta git us all afeard of tha gov'ment an private information incursions. Fear mongerin left-wing commie pinko wacko's.

This must have originated in Canada...... notice how the lady on the phone uses "eh" often.....?

Back