• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Hoosick river gravel bars

Tim

FRIEND
Petersburgh, NY
On the way back from the WAD flyin I spotted two gravel bars I had to try.
meads_local_012_Medium_.jpg

meads_local_014_Medium_.jpg
http://www.supercub.org/photopost/data/811/meads_local_010_Medium_2_.jpg

Phil, if I can get Sue in my plane, I'm taking her to one of these places

Tim

Heck with your rig you could take sue,scouters wife and harley girl all at once. :D

no neighbor issues? I have been hitting all the mud flats on the upper hudson from say Hudson up to the southern edge of the Albany class "d" for the past 2.5 years with my Maule. I guess a couple of weeks ago some NYC idiot called 911 and said a plane crashed on the Hudson and the calvary responded to the next 9/11 event caused by a GA plane. Although it was not me I have been laying low since the general public wants to knee jerk every low flying plane. Were are you based?

I'm in Petersburgh, about a mile from those two gravel bars. When I landed on the short narrow one a guy was across a big field working in his garden. When I took off he was halfway across the field. I waved and he waved back so I guess he was just curious.

I need to order some parts. If you fly them up I'll take you to some secret spots :D

Tim

Last year down here in Texas I had the best time on the Brazos sand bars. This year the river has not gone down for 4 months. To much rain up north. I need to find somewhere else to go feed my addiction. I never had anybody take issue with my adventures. I did land on the Brazos, and while walking along a black man with a pistol on his side came walking out of the woods and up to me. I wasn't sure what he was going to say or do, but soon found out he was the land tenant and carried the pistol because of wild hogs. He laughed and said, that I had more guts then he had landing down on the river. Last thing I said, was how he could reach me if he needed to spot some stray cattle from the air. Does make me think about getting my hand gun permit. teeweed

I grew fishing on the Hoosic & Little Hoosic Rivers before leaving for Alaska in 1976,very nice pics. Also great deer & duck float hunting!

Back