• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Logan, 3 black bears, & an ambulance

NimpoCub

Nimpo Lake, BC . . . AKA "the Floatplane Capital o
Well, I was driving the ambulance, I didn't NEED it. :)

The other day we took the ambulance down to Bella Coola for it's service, & I took the movie cam this time 'cuz we always see bears etc. on the hill (but can't stop with a customer in the back). Anyway, one particular family made a great film. You won't believe the end...

Click on over to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxFYIIdcN2M and watch a neat flick.
There ya go. Another off topic story (because you never told me last week which are your fav magazines. :)

That's pretty good, but are those mosquitoes flying around? That bear must be licking the bug spray off.

Hi Nimpo Cub,
We saw Bears three out of the four days we were up there, all of them while we were walking from Wilderness Rim to the Bakery. First day Two cubs and a momma black, just steps from the bakery, second day, a small adult black about half way to the bakery, and I did'nt see it, but others saw a griz on the Lodge property.
Nice to meet another supercub.org personality.
Wingnut [/i]

Hi Wingnut,
Yeah, was good to meet'cha, I was surprised to hear "Nimpocub" out on the dock! I'd not have guessed you were a Supercub.orger by that "airbus on floats" you climbed out of. :) Glad you saw some bears, there are sure lots of 'em this year.

You sounded like an interesting/knowledgeable guy (don't blow your cover now) but it seemed we were headed in different directions with some priority, as soon as the dock BS subsided... I think that ol' man Honda said "You meet the nicest people on Canadian docks." I was waiting for that Maule to get fueled & get him (Pat) to brekky @ Moose Lake Lodge while the grill was still hot. (50 mi. north)

HI Mike,
Sorry you saw some negativity in my bear encounter, I did briefly consider that, but I didn't feed or make friends, just let him sniff/taste my hand. There are no ranches/settlements within 60 mi of that switchback, so he'll not get habituated I'm sure.
Lots of folks come here to shoot blacks & griz's so he may just be an easy mark someday.

Hey TJ,
Don't hold back like that... tell us how you really feel!!
I love all god's creatures, right next to the potatoes/gravy.:)

Back