• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Assorted J-5 parts

rrb

FRIEND
Figured it was time to start buckling down to start acquiring/looking for extra parts for the J-5.

Does anyone know of a source for a spinner for a 1941 J-5A, engine is a A-75-8 and the prop is a McCauley 1B90.

Also what is the part number for j-3 cowling rubbers?

Any thoughts on how to find a complete cowling (nose bowl, doors, upper and lower parts)? Or who to hire to fabricate?

Anyone have any books on the Bendix Scintilla SF4R-8 mags? The back of the Continental overhaul manual indicates that they are radio shielded and can take shielded plugs and wires? Anyone done this and know appropriate parts?

rrb said:
Figured it was time to start buckling down to start acquiring/looking for extra parts for the J-5.

Does anyone know of a source for a spinner for a 1941 J-5A, engine is a A-75-8 and the prop is a McCauley 1B90.

Also what is the part number for j-3 cowling rubbers?

Any thoughts on how to find a complete cowling (nose bowl, doors, upper and lower parts)? Or who to hire to fabricate?

Anyone have any books on the Bendix Scintilla SF4R-8 mags? The back of the Continental overhaul manual indicates that they are radio shielded and can take shielded plugs and wires? Anyone done this and know appropriate parts?

I have three J-5A cowlings.

If my stc deviation goes through to put a PA-11 nosebowl and cowling on I will make you an offer to buy my cowlings.

Spinner is close to an ercoupe, but I do have the J-5A spinner in a solid model, just have not gotten a price quoted to make it.

J-3 cowling rubber...?? Not sure what you are talking about.

Tim

I don't have my parts list in front of me so I'll have to get the number for you later. On the front of the engine there is a cowl bracket that provides a post for the cowling into which a cowl clip is inserted. On the bracket's post, between the cowl clip and the cowl piece, is a rubber washer/grommet that in the parts list appeared to be listed as a cowl rubber.

That was my thinking, but I was having difficulty locating them on the websites the other night, so i figured if I got a J3 part number I could. The J5 part number ending in -023 or -23 was not listed on the Univair site.

Back