• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Investing wisdom

72A

Chugiak, AK
If you had purchased $1,000.00 of Nortel stock three years go,
it would now be worth $49.00.

With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1,000.00 .

With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer three years ago, drank all
the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you
would have had $614.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily
and recycle.

It's called the 401-Keg Plan.

John
72A
Chugiak AK

I understand there will be an Investment Club meeting next weekend at the WAD.

Flyin' Miss Daisy will be leading a group discussion entitled "Sound Investment Decsions for Happiness". Tim Allen will present a flying demonstration entitled "Invest This!" Behindpropellers will present a poetry reading dedicated to his J-5 project entitled "I've Invested in This?". Finally, Overeasyguy will present a philosophical discussion on "Invest in the Little Black Arrow--it will get you there".

All part of a typical New Hampshire weekend.

72A said:
With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.

Gee I had $56.00 left. Can you imagine how much WCOM I bought????

This helped changed the way I view some things. If the engine in car blows up... and it will cost $3000.00. Oh that's nothing compared to what my WCOM did. Supercub fails compression test at annual, need new engine....Well new engine is about what it cost for my WCOM holdings yet with the new engine I get 2000 hour TBO and with what's left of my WCOM I get dinner at La Mex ( Grande's are extra). Everything in life now seems like such a better deal than it did before.

To date it is the best investment I ever made!

Jerry

Back