• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Need someone to annual J-3 in MO/TN area

J3HeavyJr

Johnson City, (east) TN
Does anyone know someone good with cubs that could annual a J-3. The cub is currently located about 30 miles northwest of St. Louis and I am trying to get it to East Tennessee. The guy that used to annual it is no longer around and I would like to get a good set of eyes on it again before I move it or once I get it here. Thanks for any info you can provide.

-Scott-

Scott,

How far east in TN? This guy is in Sevierville. He does Cub work.

Smokey Mountain Aviation
Denton Brown
865-774-6724

John Scott

Scott-

I had my Super Cub annualed by Mike Bernath at TFB Aviation at the Johnson City Airport. Although TFB Aviation is primarly a helicopter facility, Mike is very knowledgable in fabric and light fixed-wing aircraft.

Steve
Elizabethton, TN

Steve and John,

Thanks for the replies. I may get the J-3 annualled before I bring it down here but if not I will look into your recommendations.

Steve, I think I have seen your Super Cub around the area a few times. I may have drooled on it at the Rogersville gathering a couple of months ago. I plan on keeping my J-3 at Johnson City if I can convince one of the guys to make some room in one of their hangars, but if not, do you know of any available hangars in the Tri-Cities area?

Thanks again,

Scott-

I'm a friend of Rob Basham's, we met a few months ago. The only place I know of that has hangars open right now is Greenville (GCY). I don't think we have any room to spare at Johnson City.

Let me know if you need anything.

Thomas
423-676-1304

Scott-

Glad to see we're going to have another Cub in the area, congratulations!!
There might be some hanger space available at Elizabethton, call Randy Musick, the Airport Manager, at 423.543.2801 or 423.543.1101. Also, Mike Bernath, TFB Aviation, may have a tee hanger at 0A9 that he might sub-lease.

Yes, that was probably my SC at Rogersville at the EAA Chapter 442 cook-out, thanks for the compliment. Let me know if I can help you.

Steve
Elizabethton, TN

J3HeavyJr,
Its probably too late for you, but i just saw your post looking for an AP/IA in the stl area. I do many annuals and quite a few on cubs, bipes, etc. I have a J-3 in the hangar now but it will be done by next week. Awaiting some parts.
JS

Back