• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

End of The Spear

alex

SW Alaska
Anybody seen this movie, "End Of The Spear"? The previews show some sort of cub for transportation. The nearest picture show is 360 air miles to the noreast of me.

spear

Thats a good and true story. That is the one with the cub going around in a circle with a long rope and basket. They put stuff in it and drop it down and the natives take what everthey want out of it and put stuff back in it while the plane is circling above, then they hoist the basket back up and away they go, I didn't think that was possible, so I have to see it also.

Alex, I thought you lived in Homer ? you could almost walk down to the quanset hut where they show movies.

This movie has been advertised to show in theaters, at least around here in the mid-east, beginning Jan. 20.
I'm waiting to see for the first time "Grizzly Man" which should soon be released on DVD at your local movie rental house.

OldCuby said:
This movie has been advertised to show in theaters, at least around here in the mid-east, beginning Jan. 20.
I'm waiting to see for the first time "Grizzly Man" which should soon be released on DVD at your local movie rental house.

Why wait, you can see a preview that gets most of the themes across here:
http://www.travisandjonathan.com/GrizzlyBearMan.html

(Okay, it's satire, but damn funny. I had to go check the real preview to see if it was spot on. It is.)

Good show! Easy to pick out the Super Cub pilot. Guess that Grizzly Bear Man could only fit in a wide body SC. The "real" Grizzly Man was only shown on the artsy-fartsy theaters around Wash. DC and never made it out to the sticks in West Va.

Steve Saint

Sam Beckett said:
PA-14, Guys...

Sam

This link should be of interest to those of you who have heard of Steve Saint, and of his Father Nate Saint. Steve Saint has a Hanger here at the Dunnellon Airport. And is doing great things for the Natives who Kill his
Father.Put this (www.i-tecusa.org) in the address box and get the story.
Steve Built a real nice RV-10 here at the Dunnellon Airport.

www.cubframes.com

Mr. Ingerson,

Got me mixed up with somebody else. :eek: I am in the Bristol Bay area. Anyway from the posts, sounds like an interesting movie. Half to make a point to see that one.

alex

Sorry Alex, all this time I thought you lived in Homer. I was looking forward to meeting you there next summer. See you another time Alex.

Grizzly Man

Saw the movie a couple of weeks ago. The scenery is ok but the guy should have been in an institution.

Watching Fox and Friends News show this morning, I came upon the interview with Steve Saint about the movie opening tomorrow. Steve brought with him to New York City, I guess on a tour, the Native from Ecuador who killed Steve's father in the 50s!

Good movie. Lots of flying including bucket drops. This one is worth seeing.

Back