• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New Fishing Technique

Never seen anything remotely like this...!! Where is this and what kind are the flying fish?

:eek:

Bent

Don't know where they are fishing or what kind of fish but it beats the hell out of noodling.

Anyone seen this before?

I have no idea where this is, but if it is the Snohomish River I may need to retract my poem from the other fishing thread.

I'm not sure why they included theme music from "Top Gun" at the end of the video, but it is still pretty darn amazing footage!

Man, have I been fishing wrong all these years.
That is great. I sure wish we could understand him, and I would book a trip real soon.

In the oxbow lakes of W. Ky the asian grass carp have exploded in population since escaping fish farms in a big miss and ohio river flood. Some of the great crappie and bluegill lakes are ruined. The state tries to clean them out and in one app. 20 acre lake has removed as much as 40,000 lbs of them in one fall. They are dangerous and several boaters have been injured going wide open down the lake when a 25 or 30 pounder jumps at just the right time for a boater head shot. Some of the good old boys, friends of mine, have started bowshooting them from a moving boat and are trying to find out if it is illegal to shoot them like skeet with a shotgun. Some of them can really jump. The fish gill netter herds them into his net with his johnboat. When he gets them next to a bank or cornered somehow, Lookout the jumping starts. The video looks like they could be asian carp. They are not good to eat.

New sport

Could start a hole new sport:

1.) Fishing with a baseball bat
2.) Who gets the most fish with there airplane prop
3.) Don't forget your goggles

I'm probably way off on this, but they sure didn't look like they wanted to be in the water.....could someone have been putting some electricity in the water? Years ago I had a friend tell me that 110 volt AC sure beats bait. Wonder if a guy got on a fishing website they'd be able to shed any light on what they're doing?
Wilbur

Hot Water

You might have something there Wilbur, Two guys in a aluminum boat jumping around like the fish, and you can't understand anything there yelling about ?

Wow that made me chuckle...then the Top Gun soundtrack came on and I began to laugh uproariously...too funny! Who needs a survival kit in that kind of country! Just open your mouth and be fed! :lol:

RB 8)

Never seen anything like it either, but it appears it is the spotlights that are spurring them on.

I'm telling you guy's they are asian carp and they are a pain in the ass around here in the Ohio River area. They run from the noise or vibration of the motor. and really jump when cornered nest to the bank. Notice the bank, the outboard revving and the guy also beats the side of the boat. But thats ok, my wife never listens to me either!

Ruidoso Ron said:
Better than dynamite! :Gfish:

Reminds me of a joke.... some guy's out in his boat, lighting dynamite and throwing it over the side, then collecting the dead fish when they float to the surface. Somebody calls 911, and a game warden ends up being dispatched to take care of the situation. He watches from shore for a while, then during a lull in the action motors out there in his own boat to talk to the miscreant. After they argue for a while about whether he's breaking the law or not,the guy pulls out another stick of dynamite, lights it, hands it to the game warden, and sez "do ya wanna talk, or do ya wanna fish?" :p

Rooster

When the fishing gets slow here I have found that the frog colored dynamite works very well.

I used to fish like this years ago in the canals in Florida. The mullet would be sleeping under the mangrove trees and the light would startle them into leaping everywhere. More than a few would land in the boat, some would make violent contact with anyone standing. I've seen more than one black eye from this technique. Worked best on moonless nights and we used a piece of garden hose with an automobile tail light socket and bulb in the end. Held underwater with a spring clamp on the bow, no motor, just oars or paddles. The noise would spook them too soon.

Jumping Carp

After thinking about one of my own jokes, I got to thinking. I have seen pictures of those asian carp in those rivers jumping, and lots of them about 2 to 5 lbs maybe bigger. They were powering up a river in a speed boat on the east coast somewhere. Some did land in the boat, they were big enough they could knock you out of the boat.
What I was thinking was, What if you did land in that river in a Cub with floats on, you couldn't help but hit one or more with your prop, ouch!

Back