• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Building a Exp SuperCub in PDX area

michael curtin

Vancouver, WA
Has any one built or is building a Super Cub in the Portland Or. area I am starting with a kit from Yakima Aero Sport/ Mike Butterfield ?

Hi Michael,

I'm rebuilding my supercub at Twin Oaks Air Park south of Hillsboro. Where are you located in the PDX area. Would like to see your project. There are a few things I might be able to help you with.

-Bob

Michael,

I would like to see your project. Have been considering building up an experimental supercub.

Scott

If you could post some info on this Mike Butterfield I'd appreciate it. I am reviewing my options on Cub Kits and don't know the product he is producing. Thanks in advance.

lowflyin'G3 - Mike Butterfield and his partner Todd Braman are the two guys who did the ground up rebuild on my Supercub. Here's Todd on the left and Mike on the right with my Cub - you can click to enlarge the photo.

Mike and Todd have a shop at the airport in Yakima and they distribute Dakota Cub Aircraft parts including Dakota's Supercub kit that incorporates the Alaska Airframes widebody fuselage. They'd be happy to address any project you might be interested in.

Mike's cell is 509-969-3701 and Todd's cell is 509-949-8447. The shop phone is 509-453-3412 - let it ring - it sometimes takes awhile to get to the phone when you've crawled in the back of a Supercub to fix something if you know what I mean.

Give them a call - tell them Gunny sent you. They do great work - ask anybody who has seen my Cub. Hope that helps.

Michael

Bud Hibbard of Molalla, OR, SE of Portland built my Brutis, a Proof of Concept Cub in connection with Byron Roots (Sherpa), O-540 powered. Pm me and I give you his tel. number. He did an outstanding job.

Chris

Brutis

I would be interested in more info on this aircraft too. Pictures would be nice also.

Back