• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Door locks....

CptKelly

GONE WEST
NC
My Smith Kit Cub doesn't have locking doors as it is. Problem is, that kids open up my cub and turn everything on, and LEAVE them on. When I arrive the next day, my battery is dead as a hammer. I need to add locks so that I can secure my doors. Who sells locks that will work here? These locks need to be very small, so that the hole drilled through the window frame won't nearly cut it in to pieces. Anyone out there faced a similar problem? I would appreciate your suggestions.

Mike in NC

I just weld the head of a socket head cap screw to the outside of the door handle. Then burn a hole just big enough to put a allen wrench into the socket head to open it. Never had anyone get in mine. Guess it isn't that easy to come up with the right size allen wrench.
Heat the end of the allen wrench, flatten it and put it on your key ring.
Bad part is you have to recover your door to do this.

Mike Do you Lock your door with the handle through the opposite side of the cub and then close your window, are you saying the kids have figured this out? Thats how I locked up my cub, if I had kept it I probably would have bought a store case window lock and used it for ult. security.

Back