• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Weather stripping for PA-18

howieb38

Aeroflex NJ & Venice FL.
Well, our 1963 PA-18 is finally restored and flying. It flies like a dream by the way.

Question. the clam shell window has a gap at the top and lots of cold air are coming into the plane. Is there a good source for weather stripping for the SC? I thought of using consumer stripping but figured I'd check with the group first.

Thanks.

Howie,

Call Bill or Jane at Stoddards in Anchorage (check the links page for the website and phone #). They have all of the appropriate weather stripping for cubs. They also carry some welted material that is a little oversize for use around the door and window. I had one of those annoying wind leaks that became real uncomfortable in cold weather. I replaced the old rubber seal with the oversize weatherstripping. It worked perfectly.

I used some 3M V-seal weather striping around my door and window. It works well, it does wear out though and need replaced once a year or so. Not a big deal it just sticks on.

Back