• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

SOlo / thank you!

khm

Ann Arbor MI
I finally soloed last Wednesday, with my taildragger endorsement! wasn't a super cub but a Citabria 7eca. What a thrill! Actually it was a great aviation day, I was able to log time in, LTA (balloon), fixed wing, and rotorcraft all in the same day, what a day!

I would like to thank all of you for the information I have gained lurking here for the past year. Your insight and experiences have been a constant motivator. Thank you, Keith :D

Keith, was that Aviation Center's Citabria? With Toshi?

Stop by NW t's, N10, and say hi.

Congratulations!

Anne.

Anne,
It was Sutton Aviation's Citabira, Barry Sutton is my instructor out of Lapeer. Where Is Aviation Center located? I would love to stop by the airport sometime to meet you and see your cub, unfortunately my socializing time in A2 is scarce. I work 4 tens at the U and commute back to Lapeer, long days. How was the tour last weekend?

Keith, sounds like long days, for sure. Aviation Center is on the east end of ARB. They've got a beat up old Citabria they use, with radios that sometimes work, sometimes don't, but Toshi is a pretty decent instructor, if you don't mind the accidents he gets into.

Solo Aviation is new, and is in the terminal building. They're looking for a tailwheel plane, and if Eric becomes their tailwheel instructor, it will be worth your time to fly with him. I just started flying with him, and he's really, really good.

The Michigan Air Tour is this coming weekend. There's about 45-50 people registered now, about 22 planes. It's my first time flying the tour, and I'm looking forward to it. Maybe I'll remember to take my camera with me, too.

Anne.

Back