• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Unarmed GA aircraft unsafe but fully armed AF aircraft are?

My view only, and not meant for R&R, but I think TSA has overstepped it's bounds not only in the Cleveland case but in many others as well. :bad-words:

-Bob

bobnall said:
My view only, and not meant for R&R, but I think TSA has overstepped it's bounds not only in the Cleveland case but in many others as well. :bad-words:

-Bob

How about this one Bob and thanks for the comment.

The Gov of Alaska wants to buy a used small jet using TSA funds.
Purpose: So he can use it to fly around the state on normal government business, fly convicted criminals stateside to facilities where the inmates will be incarcerated. The majority of the airports in Alaska are gravel which will not take a jet such as a Lear or Citation. Oh yes, when he is not using the aircraft on his business and when it is not stateside, it will be on standby in case there was some kind of security problem at airports or elsewhere.
I have to give the TSA agency some credit here though. They said NO. Kind of like how the parents are supposed to teach their children. Just say no.

It kind of made me wonder when the information came out that TSA airport security personnel do not have to go through screening but all flight crews and mechanics working on ramp maintenance and departure have to. TSA says that Sen. Kennedy is a no fly passenger because he is on "a list". When that was supposedly corrected and he tried to board his next flight, he was denied boarding anyway. His name was still on the list. So much for TSA acting fast. Top that off with the number of TSA airport screeners that have been caught and filmed stealing items out of hand carry baggage as well as checked baggage, does not the right hand see what the left hand is doing?

The TSA idea is great if it works and from what I have heard, 4 or more major airports have been approved to go back to private contractors to provide the screening. Doesn't say much for the ability of the TSA program.

Back