• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Replacement for the Super Cub? Impossible

That would be great. I really like the idea, but I've been seeing the same pictures since I was a kid. A mock up sitting on the ground or an artists rendition of it in the air... Except for the one on the web site above, where it is suspended from a crane (Hopefully they were doing tethered trials).

Meanwhile the Cub line has been out there jobbin' for nearly seventy years.

When it does hit the market, will I REALLY be allowed to land it in my driveway or at the market? Like the J-3 it will carry 2 people & little else, but will it cost $28k and burn between 4 & 5gph?

Truly, I do like the idea. I just don't see it being 'all that and a bag of chips' anytime soon.

Eddy Current said:
That would be great. I really like the idea, but I've been seeing the same pictures since I was a kid. A mock up sitting on the ground or an artists rendition of it in the air... Except for the one on the web site above, where it is suspended from a crane (Hopefully they were doing tethered trials).

Meanwhile the Cub line has been out there jobbin' for nearly seventy years.

When it does hit the market, will I REALLY be allowed to land it in my driveway or at the market? Like the J-3 it will carry 2 people & little else, but will it cost $28k and burn between 4 & 5gph?

Truly, I do like the idea. I just don't see it being 'all that and a bag of chips' anytime soon.

Needless to say Eddy, good thoughts, but the Skycar M400 is something very new and if you know how I like to joke, you might even enjoy
the thoughts.

After all, I first jumped in that beautifully rebuilt J-3 with the 9 gal fuel tank over my feet back in 1957 after it went through a tornado in southeast Nebraska and my instructor finally told me I would never learn how to fly so at six hours, he made me stop on the active, got out and walked back to the hanger. Your aircraft? You bet and what a feeling.

What is interesting to me, but than I could have missed it, the so-called aircraft carries a true N number and with no experiential designation visible.
Oh, but what the price tag has to have.

Re: skycar

Stearman600 said:
Does it come in a biplane with straight stacks? I'd be more interested! :love:

I am not even sure if you stacked one on top of another, it would get off the ground so best stick with the well proven Super Cubs. :wink:

Supercubber said:
The Skycar is getting a lot of attention in the media.

That's all we need....some woman putting on makeup, smoking a cigarette, talking on a cell phone and flying a Skycar all at the same time.

Talk about multi tasking. 8)

Since it is not a car or airplane, do you suppose it would be legal to use a cell phone while in motion? I bet the fans make so much noise there would be no need for a horn.

Supercubber said:
AlaskaAV said:
I bet the fans make so much noise there would be no need for a horn.

What happens if your flying one too, with the noise of your own fans drowning out hers.

You are lucky. (No offense meant ladies)

Back