• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Pictures of exp super 18 fuselage build

RYAN_WINGS

Tucson, AZ
I have created a small album with images showing the early stages of the fuselage I am building.
You will see the table set up that I am using, the notching tool, (worth its weight in gold), several images of the layout of the tubes and a tackwelded left side fuslage half. Currently I have the right and left side tackwelded and I am now in the process of getting it aligned and adding the top and bottom truss stuctures.

Here is the link to the album in the cubdriver album page 4:

http://www.supercub.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=ExpSuper18

Anyquestions/comments/suggestions are appreciated, feel free to add to this string or PM me.

fuselage

It looks good, now the trick is to keep working without getting discouraged. I am breaking the process down into projects, that way I can celebrate more often! I nearly have my D&E wings ready for cover, and then start on the rest of my fuselage. What kind of welder are you useing?

Hi Steve,
The holesaws are holding up OK if you have a good quality one and if you use the cutting oil to cool. The Starret brand holesaws work pretty good but are expensive, the HomeDepot ones are junk; the one I really like are brand name Lenox and I can purchase them locally at a specialty tool place near my work. They appear to cut the best and hold up the best.

Hi Dan,
I am using a Smith, model Airline torch, for my oxy-acetylene welding.

Thanks for all the replies and glad to see you all enjoy the pictures.

Have a nice weekend and be safe.

JvB

I have found that the Milwaukee and Dewalt brand hole saws go a long way if you can find them. They are usually around $8.

I like how you have set up your jig. I might have to steal that idea. What combination of prints, manuals, etc.... are you using?

Looking good so far. Please keep posting pics as you make progress.

By the way, I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the Northland CD and would be willing to burn a copy for me.

Bret

Hi Storm pilot,

I am using the Northland CD and I started of with Univair blueprints before I heard about the CD.

Brett
at 40 bucks the cd is a steal and you can order it online. We have to keep Northland in business for when we all get further along in out projects and we need the nice and inexpensive fittings they make.

Ryan,

I though you would say that but you can't blame me for trying.

How much time do you have invested in the build so far?

Bret

Back