• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Val Com wiring.

T.J.

Alaska
I'm installing a VAL Com 760 and I don't have the wiring diagram. I can get one from the Mfg. but I need it tomorrow.
Red........
Black.....
Green....
Yellow....
Two purples....
The mic/earphones are connected already.
I suspect the Red is + and the Black is -, but I don't want all the smoke inside to escape.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

I can pretty much guarantee that you'll be wanting to add a filter in the +12v line close to the radio. We covered this last year.. as the VAL's all whine like a new born baby with colic!

Cheers,
Wayne

I put a Val in my 170 and it is just a little better than the two tin cans and a string. My #1 com is a kx-155 thank goodness!

VAL

Had a friend with a val 760 that was very intermittent....took it apart and found many soldering problems typical of inconsistent training/quality control on the production line.....worked fine after redoing many, many joints....but it's still a sucky radio even when it works....we then ripped it out and replaced it with an Apollo....now, THAT's a radio!

I had one in my previous Clipper for 5 years with no filter, no noise and no problems. My Dad has had his for around 10 years and has had no problems. I have also installed three others. One of those I had to put the filter in. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't save the frequency when you turn it off.

I've installed several for different people and no complaints yet.
I guess "You pays your money, and takes your chances."

Steve Pierce said:
I had one in my previous Clipper for 5 years with no filter, no noise and no problems. My Dad has had his for around 10 years and has had no problems. I have also installed three others. One of those I had to put the filter in. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't save the frequency when you turn it off.

I'm happy with mine... For a price, the factory will reroute the smoke so that it saves the frequency...

When Pigs Fly said:
Steve Pierce said:

I'm happy with mine... For a price, the factory will reroute the smoke so that it saves the frequency...

The newer models have a built in battery to hold the frequencies, the older ones don't and it's a pain especially when constantly shutting down and starting back up when flying a young eagles day. Lots going on and we've had a few guys that forgot to put radio back on right channel before proceeding to taxi out....NOT good!

I have a VAL760 right now in an airplane that the A/B switch doesn't change the channel. Suspect just a baffed switch that needs swap out...BUT has anyone else had this happen and repaired same??

Wayne

Back