• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

And you thought your commute was bad

steve no password needed here either. must be pilot error on your part, according to the police in the story the guy did pretty well.

Works for me Steve! Couple guys playing "car" with a Talyorcraft during rush hour.

irishfield said:
Works for me Steve! Couple guys playing "car" with a Talyorcraft during rush hour.

Oops... I got a movie, "Annie does Anchorage"...

Just kiddin'...

steve said:
Article requires password... sniff... :cry:

Looks like the Anchorage Daily News will only let you in for a limited number of hits before they make you subscribe. I tried to get back in too, and I got the same request for a password. Oh well, next time I'll post a link from a little friendlier news source.

i bet its a cookie that is set. I checked through mine and see that adn gives you one when you view articles-- if you delete the cookies that are from adn you may get around that issue-- let me know if that works

rrb said:
i bet its a cookie that is set. I checked through mine and see that adn gives you one when you view articles-- if you delete the cookies that are from adn you may get around that issue-- let me know if that works

It worked! Learn something new everyday, thanks!

I agree with Bill-- they're providing a free service, its best to do our part to contribute-- by filling out registration they can gather demographics so that they can better sell advertising and can keep their service free-- I didn't look at it at all just was trying to help figure away around the prompt.

I did register, I read that page enough to do so.

Geeze, now if I could get 8500 lurkers to register on this site...

sj

p.s. (yes, really even more than 8500...)

Now if all 8500 of those lurkers and the 1000 registered members would all send me $10 I could get quite a nice aircraft. I'll even put names on in decals like the CC plane-- I'll try to make it look nice, not like bird splatter. I might even have enough leftover to be a proper donor for the site.

Glenn Highway landing in BC-12D

For all you guys who couldn't read the article;
That was my buddy Rick Ruess, who was giving instruction to the owner and had an engine failure taking off from MRI runway 6. He took over and landed on the northbound lanes of the Glenn, managing to miss all the power lines, lights and of course, those pesky cars and trucks!
Rick flies everything from T-craft to who knows? His real job is flying a C-550, (and others), for a local air taxi. His mother, Heidi gave me my check ride for my Private certificate, and also teaches float and other ratings at their place on Lake Hood. His father also flies for the same air taxi he does. Rick gave me a bunch of very good instruction and also teaches Instruments. Real good folks, each and every one.

Oh, they did this in the dark, BTW.

Back