• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Dim post light

WindOnHisNose

BENEFACTOR
Lino Lakes MN (MY18)
The red post light (I guess that's what you call it) that is attached near the electrical toggle switches at the Right wing root in my PA-18 is really dim. Any tips on how to brighten it? Thanks for any advice.

The one I have you can twist to make darker and brighter, but I doubt they are all that way. A brighter (higher output) bulb maybe..

sj

Check the bulb voltage rating both the 12 and 24 volt bulbs will fit and I´ve seen people put the 24 volt ones in and are very dim, I dont have the part numbers handy for the 2 bulbs.

I got tired of trying to get mine to work better so I gave up and got one of the Soderberg?s on ebay. It does present somewhat of a head banger potential but that?s about the only thing that I don?t like about it. It?s plenty bright enough at full power but is dimmable and has a button on the back for instant bright light, changes from red to white with the flick of a switch and focuses for a wide or narrow beam. Also, it quickly detaches from its base and with its coiled cord it will reach to almost anywhere in the cockpit. This is a big help when trying to find a dropped cigarette butt?ok I?m kidding, I would never smoke in an airplane, but it does come in handy for finding those loose beer cans.

http://www.soderberg-mfg.com/S1210.htm

Lawn Dart said:
I would never smoke in an airplane, but it does come in handy for finding those loose beer cans.

Cavy, Marion Blakey wants you to call her...

Back