• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA12 Door opener

PA!2

I would like to install a lift cylinder to open the sea plane door of my PA 12. Apparently they come in different sizes by length and pounds i.e 6 &1/2 inches-20 pounds. What size should I look for?
PA!2

Where are you sourcing your lift strut? I can give you the part number off mine, but it needs to be replaced so if you have a source, I'd love a pointer.

I'm using NAPA struts on the door and the window. They work great, and seem to have a 4 year lifespan. Cheap and easy to replace. I'm in NC and the plane is in IN right now: can you wait until this weekend for the details?

I have a 12 with a top hinge on the door. My gas spring is from Service Plus Distributors.

Their web site is http://www.spdhardware.com/gs1.htm

or simply www.spdhardware.com

They have lots of different sizes and lift weights. Make sure you measure your door geometry acurately -- and then make sure you have one that lifts the weight of your door. My first one was not strong enough.
You can order off from these folks right off the net.
good luck
Mark

Back