• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Super Cubs in the News

I wonder why they had to specify the exact aircraft type? They didn't specify the kind of pot he was transporting or what kind of underwear he was wearing. Come on, fairness and accuracy? Just a half-awake thought, sorry.

Bret

Okay...lets see if I got this straight.

Logan was caught doing Cox, Cox found out and tried to run into Logan, unsuccessful, Cox attempted to penetrate Logan with a shot but misfired, again unsuccessful, Cox is now serving time?possibly with fellow Coxs?.

Meanwhile, Barrow was damp, but Wall says that making them wetter with alcohol is misconduct, all the while, the whole Cox thing was pushed aside.

Now about the dope?well that?s just simple economics, dope is worth more then a damp Barrow or Cox.

My question?What?s going to happen when Logan is introduced to Cox in jail?:eek:

Cavy,

As Roc Machado would say "Bad Thing!!!!"

Course, it probably couldn't happen to nicer fellers.

Mike V

Lawn Dart said:
Okay...lets see if I got this straight.

Logan was caught doing Cox, Cox found out and tried to run into Logan, unsuccessful, Cox attempted to penetrate Logan with a shot but misfired, again unsuccessful, Cox is now serving time?possibly with fellow Coxs?.

Meanwhile, Barrow was damp, but Wall says that making them wetter with alcohol is misconduct, all the while, the whole Cox thing was pushed aside.

Now about the dope?well that?s just simple economics, dope is worth more then a damp Barrow or Cox.

My question?What?s going to happen when Logan is introduced to Cox in jail?:eek:

Cavy, you better take a pill, sounds like you have waaaaay too much time on your hands...

What does Barrow being damp have to do with anything? Does this mean anything in Alaska?

Anne.

Actually, Gunny, a village being damp can mean several things. It generally means, though, that you can possess alchohol there, but you can't sell it there. In other words, you can import it only for personal use.

There are dry villages, where possession or importation of liquor is prohibited, there are damp villages where sale or importation for sale is illegal, and there are wet villages, where Katy bars the doors.

He was allegedly importing it for sale. Bootlegging is a serious problem in Alaska. They'll have a better chance of convicting him on that one, and the "sale of alcohol without a state liquor license than on the dope dealing, though it sounds like they got him red handed on the dope too.

Since he apparently had dope in the plane going to Barrow, that subjects the plane to seizure under federal drug law.

Mike V

See now I thought it was the simple life in Alaska, this damp, wet, dry drinking business could cause a guy to become a T-totaller...

sj

Either way you slice it there should be a Super Cub and a Ford truck up for Federal Auction in about 2 years time, based on how long court cases drag out. I doubt very much he will be getting either vehicle back, if the presented facts are proven in court.

Truth v. Fiction

Pretty wacky.

Gosh, reminds me of the time I had brief relationship with the insane and estranged wife of the local philandering policeman...

Talk about living dangerously...and that woman hated airplanes. She sat in my Cub once and had an episode of clinical hypomania. Really.

Ended that relationship in a hurry. Ahhh, youth.

On the other hand, maybe the booze and dope paid for the airplane and he really lost nothing... one wonders...

sj

If he's convicted, won't they seize his ill-gotten assets also? Then he's lost his plane, his truck, his job, and the money.

I wonder why they had to specify the exact aircraft type?
Why not? The exact truck type was specified. I don't know why the media needs to add those details, but they always do. Remember O.J.'s infamous chase in a Bronco? Or JFK Jr's last flight in a Piper Saratoga? It's never the fault of the vehicle, though, just the person driving/piloting it.

Anne.

.........and was it an Oldsmobile in Chappaquidick ? Reminds me a a bumper sticker I saw a year or so ago. "My guns killed less people than Ted Kennedy's car" :lol:

Now that was a touching story. Obviously I never knew the man, but now I feel like I got to meet him.
Thanks Steve.

Hey that was a nice article...better than one with a prof getting busted for selling weed. Good to know there are still some good, hard working folks out there...THAT LOVE TO FLY!

Bill

Back