• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

THINK before you hit SUBMIT

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
Howdy folks,

A few situations have come up lately where posters in either the forums, or in the picture section have dramatically exceeded the bounds of good taste (we exceed the bounds of it all the time, but we gotta draw a line somewhere), or have just been plain mean spirited.

As you know from my previous lectures on the subject, I do not like to censor. I like to allow you to be in charge of what you are saying, and how it will effect others.

Some of you have graciously retracted hasty statements in a follow up post and this is appreciated, you can also delete a post up to the point that someone else responds to it, and I can always delete YOUR post anytime if you ask me to.

Believe me (just ask Dana if you don't) I have sent emails that have gotten casts of thousands angry at me just because I did not take a minute to reflect on how others were going to interpret it. There were times I wish I had an "un-send" button for email, and that is what you have here on the forums with the "x".

I may even contact you about a post you make if I think it is in bad taste and ask your permission to modify or delete it. I reserve the right to split posts off into the Rant and Rave area where they belong if they need to be moved there.

Someone brought a very tasteless comment on one of the pictures to my attention, which I removed (since I did not know who posted it, I could not contact them). Although we all have different ideas of what if funny, this certainly exceeded most peoples interpretation.

I feel like generally speaking, we stay pretty well within the unwritten guidelines, and I sincerely appreciate all of your cooperation there. This is a place to share information and learn from each other in a constructive manner, and remember, the information STAYS there, so when a new guy or gal wanders in, they see those comments too.

So, in closing, if you have something you would like to retract, never hesitate to contact me. If you are offended by something and you think it crosses the line, let me know and I will talk to the poster, or you can.

Let's all play nicely!

Thanks!

sj

diggler said:
I cant believe somebody has less taste than me. My sensitivity training must be paying off.

Congratulations!...

Steve,

I hope it wasn't my pic that got smeared. Someone sent me a private message saying one of my pics got smeared but I could not find it. Anyway, I hate people that take cheap shots at someone else. The least they could do is have the cajones to step up and say who they are. They won't though because people that do these things are low lifes. I will leave it at that.

Torch

Matt,

Thanks. I have not implemented the PWP yet (personalized wiener program) but you will be the first to know if I do.

sj

Matt, quite the panel! You must get lost alot to need all that stuff. For gawds sake you Husky people never cease to amaze me....... Oh wait a minute, we were just talking about being a more kinder and gentler forum wern't we. Sorry Matt. Nice plane.

Steve, I'll try but I can't promise nothing. You know how us mechanics are.

Take care. Scott.

flagold said:
The least they could do is have the cajones to step up and say who they are. -- Torch, I've never found cajones to be a problem on this site . . .

. . .

This site is super mellow compared to the Off Topic section of the Corvette Forum. It gets hot over there real fast.

I am not upset just surprised a Cub Driver would do those things.

Torch

Back