• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

cloverleaf landings

Lug

Anchorage, AK
Here is a little training aide for us neophyte cub pilots. If you have access to an airport with crossed runways and low traffic make a t.o from one, bend it around and land on the crosswind. T.O. again and then bend it around and land on the runway you started from. Continue until you have had enough takeoffs and landings for the day. You get about double of the landings in an hour, which for some of us, is needed. Given the right conditions you get to practice t.o.s and landings with the wind from every direction.
Lug

We do it all the time here at KMKC, on weekend mornings. The tower loves it. What is neat is they give you all sorts of different stuff "short approach", etc, when it is a little busy and it makes it more interesting.

We call them "teardrops" rather than cloverleafs, although cloverleafs is probably a better description.

There are some non-towered multi-runway airports in Kansas City I would NOT recommend doing this at... :eek:

sj

Night Flying

Last night I got off work at 3 am, and it was relatively dark, so I decided to do some night landings...
I hated to do it on the pavement, but I managed to do all three take-offs and full stop landings on Rwy. 06 at Merrill. Night is in short supply round this time of year, so a fellow has to get them in quick! :p
I think that I managed triple the landings in a third of the time... :eek:

Andy

Back