• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Mod for open triangular window on LH side behind windshield?

supercub

Let me check my GPS, gee how'd we ever navigate w
Does anyone know about a mod to convert this side window to open. It's the piece on the left hand side, where the air vent is normally located. Would be a great place to shoot pictures thru, if I could open it. I've seen J-3 where they hinge the whole left side up, similar to the top on the RH door, but I don't want to do that.
Brian

Re: Mod for open triangular window on LH side behind windshi

supercub said:
Does anyone know about a mod to convert this side window to open. It's the piece on the left hand side, where the air vent is normally located. Would be a great place to shot pictures thru, if I could open it. I've seen J-3 where they hinge the whole left side up, similar to the top on the RH door, but I don't want to do that.
Brian

Brian...

Take a look at a Tripacer (the window hinges on the top) and see if it's similar... If it is, give me a call (extension 232)...

My first supercub had one like that when I bought it. No paperwork tho so when I rebuilt it I put it back to normal. It is like the PA-22 although a different size so you should be able to get a field approval.

you mean like a front seat shooting window, aw, opps, I mean front seat photography window? I have approved paperwork for a cub and husky for the left side, front seat, swing open window. Those aerial shots are much better without plexiglas between you and the world. Can make copies and mail to you if you want. Or send you some pictures and you can design and make your own, it really isn't that big a deal to do it, previously approved 337's might help get it blessed by your local fisdo though.
Dennis, dblaz@sisna.com

Back