• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Divco

S

StewartB

Here's an endorsement if anybody is rebuilding an engine. Divco sent my crankcase and accessory cases home, arrive today, repaired, align bored, heat treated, alodined, and it all took 14 days from the day I sent them 2nd day, to the time I got them back 2nd day air. Progress can be tracked on their website while they have it. All for 200 bucks less than I was told to expect. Pretty impressive. Aircraft Specialties has the crank and rods being repaired and dynamically balanced and it appears they'll be back in 5 days. Both companies are a pleasure to deal with.
SB

I hate to bad mouth anyone just from one bad experience, it could have just been a bad case, but lets just say that I never got a bad case back from Ajax, they do nice work.

Having had numerous IO520 and 0320 cases done by both, I would say both are good, However I think Divco is just a tad better. But the next person might have just the opposite opinion.

Crankcase Services is good too. I've used them and Divco with good results. I used a place in Dallas that I won't use again. They did the crank, cam, case, rocker arms etc for an O-320 and an O-470. I got the 470 together and installed on a C-180, as I was putting on the prop I noticed a chip in the paint under the crank. I little dye penetrant revealed a crack. The engine had to come back apart and the case went to Divco. The 320 went on my dads Clipper, put a little over 100 hrs. on it including a trip to AK when he found steel in the screen. Sent a sample to Lycoming and they said it was the cam. Tore the engine down, no cam problem, the rocker arms had not been ground square with the boss and the valve was hitting on the edge. Went back to the 470 same problem. Needless to say I don't use this repair station any longer.

Back