• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Electric Buss

cruiser

South Glens Falls, NY
What is recommended for a buss when doing a rebuild? Have seen a terminal board in the Wicks catalog that I like the looks of, anyone got an opinion? Am thinking of using one piece for a positive buss and one for a ground with a seperate buss for radio equip. Jim

Electrical

When I do a rebuild I like a simple straight forward wiring design. Piper's design is a complicated mess, mounted 2" from a soft aluminum gas tank . I put everything down in the instrument panel. For switches I use Potter Brumfield toggle "breaker switches" (a switch that is also a breaker) that can be purchesed from 2 to 50 amps in most aircraft supply catalogs. These get rid of the breaker to toggle switch wiring and cleans things up a lot including less holes in your panel and a lot more room. I put them in a row in the panel and use a 1/2" wide brass strip to connect all the hot sides of the breaker/switch terminals. The brass strip I cut out of a door push plate that can be purchased at Home Depot. The grounds can all go to a grounding post or a terminal block. Keep it simple and clean. Crash

Back