• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Rebuild project

djfraudman

Meadow Lakes, AK
I've updated the photos on my Cub project if anyone is interested. I'm sure it will provide some ideas both positive and negative. They are now in the Supercub.org photo gallery.

http://www.supercub.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album03&page=1

If you double click on a photo you can see a larger picture.

I'm also including a list of major parts and mods that are going into the airplane. I posted it earlier but it got lost in the ether.

FA Dodge weld on float brackets
FA Dodge safety cables
Modified Fuel system and STC (CC)
New floor boards and STC (CC)
Front seat belt attachment STC (FA Dodge)
Large extended baggage compartment and STC (CC)
Strobe light bracket
Turtle deck and superstructure, Airframes Inc
Wipaire gross weight increase STC from Cub Crafters (CC)
Third seat and 180# baggage STC
Front seat battery mount and STC, Dans Aircraft Service
Control lock, Dans Aircraft Service
Metal headliner, (FA Dodge)
Heavy duty extended landing gear legs, (FA Dodge)
Heavy Duty extended shock struts, (FA Dodge)
Cabane vee, (FA Dodge)
Rear seat heater kit and STC, (FA Dodge)
Defroster kit and STC, (FA Dodge)
Landing gear safety cables and STC, (FA Dodge)
Long step and STC, (FA Dodge)
Rear stick cover and STC (FA Dodge)
Two stainless steel tiedowns and STC, FA Dodge
Boot cowl with SS firewall, (FA Dodge)
Cleveland 6 inch wheels and disk brakes
Square instrument panel and STC (CC)
Spar attachment reinforcement kit and STC, (FA Dodge)
Inertial reel shoulder harnesses (CC)
180 hp engine STC and related parts (CC)
BLR vortex generators (CC)
Float lift rings (CC)
Rear Underseat Storage (CC)
Weld-on fueling step (CC)
Belly tank installation kit (Airglass Engineering)
O-360-C4 engine, accessories and baffles
High pressure brake boosters and STC
New control cables fabricated by FA Dodge
ELT, Ameri-king AK-450
E.I. Oil pressure/temp, volt/amp, tachometer, EGT/CHT, scanner
NAT intercom
Front seat, Oregon Aero
Rear seat, Oregon Aero portable cushion and back
Transponder, garmin 320A, Encoder, Ameri-king AK 350, KY 96A comm
29" Alaska Bushwheels tundra tires
Airglass belly tank, pump and STC
4 nulites

Just remember it's only time and money. :D

WOW, would have been easier to list the thing (singular) that you aren't adding LOL. Just Kidding. Sounds like you're building a nice Cub, and building it the way you want it. Hope you have as much enjoyment in your bird as all the rest of us do, I'm sure you will.
Brian

I have updated the photos and added a number of new ones about my cub project. I posted them all to the Supercub.org photo gallery rather than my website, if anyone is interested.

What does he charge to overhaul the crankcase and install the nozzles? I will call him Monday. Just got a case back from Divco for $610. If it isn't a whole lot more I would like to do it to my O-320 that is on the back burner. Thanks.

Finished

My cub is finished and flys great. And, while it's not as light as it could have been it's not bad, 1184# on 8.50's with 7 qts oil and unusable fuel and 1256# with the belly tank and 29" Bushwheels.

I have posted the final batch of pictures (although I will probably add or change a few) to my album if anyone is interested in seeing the final product. One click on the picture for a larger image and then click again for a really large image. http://www.supercub.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album03

Thanks to all for yoursupport and responses to my questions. :cheers

There must be a bunch of those around. Mine came from Forsythe, MT and was actually arrested years ago. I always wondered how you can arrest an airplane.

Great looking cub for sure :D

Question if I may..... :anon
4 leaf springs it appears like. I have three and the "bedding/gasket or shim thing that separates the springs from touching the steel bracket on the fuselage is like a strip of rubber the width of the springs.

How tight are the bolts and nuts supposed to be. Just had an annual and was told they are OK and when I lift the tail up I can wiggle the springs back and forth. I do not like wiggles.

As I understand it my 3 springs are an upgrade from the original two, true??

Chris

in the 18 parts manual they show a tail wheel pad, but most that i talk to dont use one, any opinions out there?

cubdrvr said:
There must be a bunch of those around. Mine came from Forsythe, MT and was actually arrested years ago. I always wondered how you can arrest an airplane.

Life sure has gotten boring in this part of the country since coyotes went to $10 a hide !!!!

Back