• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

second door on left side?

RYAN_WINGS

Tucson, AZ
I saw the daytona cub with 2 doors at oshkosh; noted that the throttle assembly is mounted lower and more forward for the front seat and farther back and lower for the back seat. Anyone here that has any experience with this type of mod? If so what do you think about it. Looking for advice on how and where to mount the throttle and trim assemblies in case I want this mod added.
Thanks.

I'm currently rebuilding a 12 with a new airframe that includes a left side door. In fact, the airframe is at Charly Center's right now to have some final tweaking. In a 12, the trim control mounts overhead. The throttle is in the same place, but, the fuel system is different. There isn't much room for the fuel valve, and routing the lines becomes a problem. This is one of the things Charly is doing on mine. The lines are routed under the door sill and you have to add sump drains, along with the hard points to mount them. The flap handle is also moved slightly. I'm sure there will be more surprises coming, as well.

Left side door

I used to own a J-3 with the door on the left side. The trim was converted to a wheel like in a c-172. The throttles were alongside the lower sill. Was never a problem. Of course there were no fuel line issues. It was field approved. The owner is nearby and has the drawings and 337 if anyone want's a copy.

Has anyone found a really good way to plumb the belly sump drains under the left door? I am looking at different methods of installing the drains to a welded in hard point, or any other method, and want to find the most simple and effective way to get the plumbing done.

I figured out a good way to plumb them in, but does anyone have a copy of a 337 where belly drains were installed in the main fuel lines of any model Cub for a left door installation, or for any other reason? It might make my approval slid through the system a little easier.

Back